Taking home games away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking home games away

Our "home games" against the Storm and Sharks directly after Origin II in rnds 16 & 17 will be in Adelaide and on the Central Coast.

Two heavyweight clash and we've chosen to give up our home ground advantage. Do we want to win Premierships or earn a few extra dollars?

I know we have a relationship with the CC but couldn't we have taken our home clash vs the Knights there?

Losing our home ground advantage in these clashes could be the difference between winning and losing; 4th vs 5th.

Might be narrow minded but I'm not a fan. That's a lot of uneccessary travelling.

I never see Brisbane taking their home games on the road. That extra home game they got last week really pissed me off.

Comment

Ive never been a fan of it and it is even more disappointing thst they have chosen last years grand final teams as games to take away from Allianz
      We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
      Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

If you are going to take games away, then surely games where you'd struggle to get a crowd, especially against out of town teams.
        Fancy taking away a game against another Sydney team ...especially the reigning premiers !

Comment

Yet we still pay full price for our season ticket that gets us 10 games at SFS not 12.

I spoke with Brian Canaan about this when he was CEO. He stated that he was aware the fans didn't like it but it was purely a financial decision and to secure the future of the club.

Either way I really hate it. Once a year is bad enough but 2 home games and 2 in a row is really annoying.

Comment

Hate it. It's just another business decision and a sell out.
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post
              I never see Brisbane taking their home games on the road. That extra home game they got last week really pissed me off.

They are on prime time free-to-air every weekend and are the only club in a major City.

There's no comparison.

I have no problem with them moving games.

Comment

Brisbane are a one town team. Not really a fair comparrison.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                  If you are going to take games away, then surely games where you'd struggle to get a crowd, especially against out of town teams.
                  Fancy taking away a game against another Sydney team ...especially the reigning premiers !
                  You have to go back to 1999 to find the last time we drew more than 15k to a Sharks game at Home and we have only drawn more than 15k to one regular season Home game against Melbourne in our history, 2013 for th record.

These are not high drawing games for us.

Comment

moving a game to brisbane was a disgrace I can't see how the nrl could justify allowing a team to play in brisbane as their home game against the broncos also how often do the Warriors take games around new zealand it doesn't seem like it happens very often unfortunately I don't believe the sfs carries much home ground advantage to us the stadium is a big game stadium for finals matches so players don't fear it and unlike the broncos we don't get 35k to our games to make it intimidating I don't believe the olympic stadium is much of an advantage either for those teams
                    Last edited by boogie; 05-19-2017, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

They are on prime time free-to-air every weekend and are the only club in a major City.

There's no comparison.

I have no problem with them moving games.
                      ​They don't move games though, that's the issue.

Comment

will members again be asked to pay to attend the 'home ga,mes at adelaide and gosford?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                          will members again be asked to pay to attend the 'home ga,mes at adelaide and gosford?
                          Bingo. Where's the value for the members in having to travel interstate to attend a 'home' game?
                          FVCK CANCER

Comment

Why would they? They don't need the money, their club and a strong home crowd every match means they are probably the only club that makes money.

I went to the parra game last week, and the atmosphere was rubbish. We get 10000 to a all Sydney clash, if everybody who complained about us moving games away from the SFS went to them, we probably wouldn't have to move them.

Comment

They don't have to. That's the issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X