Refs nearly got us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frozen Chook View Post

Ok here's a video ( i know it is union but disregard this) a very similar one of what i was shown when training as a referee under Mick Stone - not at NRL level - CRL. Worth watching the whole 3 min video particularly the last min as this is very relevant to the Keary's pass to Ferguson and your comment Tommy. i am not go into Professor of Physics mode as the video graphically and simply explains it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=box08lq9ylg

This is why there is the focus on the release of the ball from player's hand passing it. it is particularly distorted when a defender hits the passing player particularly as he passes it.

Mick also went onto to talk about not to let loud vocal fans influence your decisions and provided video of a Roosters lower grade game - the fan's loud and unwanted coaching of the referees was me in the Chookpen which my teenage son who was doing the course with me immediately recognised. After looking at each other we decided not to involve ourselves in those discussions.

Thanks FC. I learned a lot in your post and link.

I also sat ru refs and topped the state. Often through pig headedness both codes will alter rules and interpretations to separate the codes.RU has always been about the movement of the hands at real ease of the pass and that's why the public would say "there's no such thing as a forward pass in rugby".

What is the rule in league. I'd be surprised if similar
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

You might wanna check the atrocious and seemingly biased against us refereeing in the match.
      For instance the first penalties of the match, awarded against us, as usual. Could be written on some sheet somewhere.
      They penalise JWD for nothing...all the time.
      And they get away with it.

Comment

Another ref question.

Pearse tackled into the post. I thought the posts are part of the in goal hence a try?
        Is this RU or RL rule?

Confused... I thought try at the ground. Say replay and still hint try...anyone who knows
        Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
          Another ref question.

Pearse tackled into the post. I thought the posts are part of the in goal hence a try?
          Is this RU or RL rule?

Confused... I thought try at the ground. Say replay and still hint try...anyone who knows
          Union...stupid rule. I saw someone score like that a few weeks ago in the Super XX. Posts should not be part of the try zone, unless you're allowed to stand in front but according to the rules, you have to stay behind, plus what if a player aims high and crashes on to them and claims a try?

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Union...stupid rule. I saw someone score like that a few weeks ago in the Super XX. Posts should not be part of the try zone, unless you're allowed to stand in front but according to the rules, you have to stay behind, plus what if a player aims high and crashes on to them and claims a try?

i believe the ball must be touching the ground and the posts pads for it to be awarded, weird rules.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterFanNZ View Post

i believe the ball must be touching the ground and the posts pads for it to be awarded, weird rules.
              As an ex player, a while ago, in another century, the rules introduced in that game over the last 10 years have ruined it. I'm guessing that that's why it's losing so many fans here, and less people playing.

Comment

As an ex player, a while ago, in another century, the rules introduced in that game over the last 10 years have ruined it. I'm guessing that that's why it's losing so many fans here, and less people playing.

I watched a game a couple weeks ago, and a scrum started to pack at the 9 min mark, at the 13min mark it finally went ahead after about 7 goes, they have got to be kidding themselves if they want people watching that crap.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

I watched a game a couple weeks ago, and a scrum started to pack at the 9 min mark, at the 13min mark it finally went ahead after about 7 goes, they have got to be kidding themselves if they want people watching that crap.
                  A team is 4-5 points down with minutes to go. There's a scrum and obviously the losing team wants a tight head but it takes the scrum 3-4 times of resets and every reset takes about 30-60 secs or more...and they don't stop the clock...WTF??? Then the head high rule which anything above the diaphram is a head high now, but the worst one of all I saw was a player sent to the sin-bin for 10 mins because he tapped the ball trying to intercept a pass, which they classify it something like unsportsman conduct or something...10 mins for that?

Comment

More hysteria about that Souffs game in the papers today.

Comment

A team is 4-5 points down with minutes to go. There's a scrum and obviously the losing team wants a tight head but it takes the scrum 3-4 times of resets and every reset takes about 30-60 secs or more...and they don't stop the clock...WTF??? Then the head high rule which anything above the diaphram is a head high now, but the worst one of all I saw was a player sent to the sin-bin for 10 mins because he tapped the ball trying to intercept a pass, which they classify it something like unsportsman conduct or something...10 mins for that?
                      Yep deliberately playing at the ball a penalty, but if you take the intercept play on?? No wonder there was a score the other week 9-9 all in penalty goals. I don't mind watching the crusaders and a couple other kiwi teams, as they play attacking footy.

Comment

[QUOTE=The Axe;n686948]

Thanks FC. I learned a lot in your post and link.

I also sat ru refs and topped the state. Often through pig headedness both codes will alter rules and interpretations to separate the codes.RU has always been about the movement of the hands at real ease of the pass and that's why the public would say "there's no such thing as a forward pass in rugby".

What is the rule in league. I'd be surprised if similar[
                        /QUOTE]

Agreed Axe - both have great games at their base - modern administrators have spent too much time fiddling with the rules to concoct what they think is the ultimate TV "product" and are compromising the cores of these games.

The reality is most people are happy with refs getting the basics right - keep em onside, don't hold em down too long, make sure you pick up the forward passes and knock ons, grounding of tries and touchlines and penalise foul play.

The ruck penalties are the bane of the game arbitrarily applied and more than often than not highly questionable, subjective and the portal for corruption to enter our game.

Comment

Working...
                        X