• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gives his all.
    It's not his first goal kicking slump.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
      What about when Gordon took the penalty goal in the 75th minute & all the players except Manu walked back over the half way with their backs to him. If he had of missed & hit the upright & a Dragons player caught it they would have been able to run past the half way before some one tackled them.
      I'm glad someone else noticed that too !
      ​..and the way he is kicking, he has every chance of missing at close range. Would've been very embarrassing if he had of hit the post with all the players walking back upfield !

Comment

His positional play and reading of the game has been awesome. Having a reliable fullback feels good.
        He is no Maloney or Fitzgibbon with the boot but he can kick....

Comment

Gordon is freakin average at best. I cant believe how much you guys pump his tyres up on here.

His kicking is atrocious for a frontline kicker along with his defence on the line.
          Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

I would persist with him because we know he is capable to kick from everywhere unless there are injury issues. SST is just a backup and though he has kicked a couple from out wide, he is still a backup.
            SST is an excellent kicker, he struggled at first for one reason, he stopped practicing. After he was kicking for a few weeks, he was banging them over from everywhere. Is there a feeling he is a backup because he is a backrower? Craig Fitzgibbon was a backrower too. SST was a goalkicker in his junior days and played Centre back then. Moving to the forwards doesn't mean his kicking ability dissapears. He probably won't play 80 minutes a game many times due to coming back from injury but is capable easily of playing 50+ minutes a game. Gordon can be the understudy.

Comment

I like him, i prob wouldnt resign him regardless of tedesco but i think he brings calmness good positioning and safety , we all saw last year what happens when a fullback doesnt have those qualities

Comment

I wouldnt be giving him anothwer contract He was brougt here to fix our goal kicking woes and so far after 8 rounds he has not done that
                We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

SST is an excellent kicker, he struggled at first for one reason, he stopped practicing. After he was kicking for a few weeks, he was banging them over from everywhere. Is there a feeling he is a backup because he is a backrower? Craig Fitzgibbon was a backrower too. SST was a goalkicker in his junior days and played Centre back then. Moving to the forwards doesn't mean his kicking ability dissapears. He probably won't play 80 minutes a game many times due to coming back from injury but is capable easily of playing 50+ minutes a game. Gordon can be the understudy.
                  I don't discriminate on positions. Yes I'm aware Fitzy was a backrower and another taller backrower and good kicker was John Eales.. and forwards Parker and Smith good kickers too.. I refer to backup because either Johns, Gus or Freddy last year referred to him as a backup on the commentary I think in relation to the announcement that Gordon was heading this way. I thought SST was an ok kicker and landed some good goals but seemed a little laboured, from my perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                    Gordon is freakin average at best. I cant believe how much you guys pump his tyres up on here.

His kicking is atrocious for a frontline kicker along with his defence on the line.
                    I'm kind of surprised more people don't see this. His goalkicking is pathetic and that was one of the main points in bringing him here. I like the guy and would more than pleased to see him turn it around but at his age the odds are against him.

Comment

Safe under the high ball.

That's about it.

Comment

Stop gap that's all.

Comment

Working...
                        X