Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
    Injury to Widdop, no other reason.
    Happy we won but gee we're off the mark. I thought our Pigs got owned. They were so aggresive and fast, we looked soft
    Also TR bringing Carter on at that stage of the game, ridiculous, nearly coast us the game.
    Rubbish to that. We won fairly and we didn't have the refs in our pocket. You're going on like Widdop is Freddy. Put Aubbo, Matterson and Latrell in there and we win comfortably. Some of those decisions were disgraceful and that was a good pass to Fergo, it should've been awarded. The pass was thrown backwards and floated slightly forward. There was at least 5 decisions that went their way. It was justice that we got the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
      Injury to Widdop, no other reason.
      Happy we won but gee we're off the mark. I thought our Pigs got owned. They were so aggresive and fast, we looked soft
      Also TR bringing Carter on at that stage of the game, ridiculous, nearly coast us the game.

I thought our forwards won that battle - especially in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
        Widdop off kind of made up for all the 50/50s that went against us.

I said kind of because the calls were so one sided.

Both of the Dragons tries came from tackles any side should be making at the top level, first Guerra and then Carter & SKD. It's not like the Dragons were creating a whole lot.

I thought the Dragons were on top for the first 15 minutes of the game but then we got control back from there on. Just lacked strike in attack. No Aubo and Latrell hurt.

Our attack was painfully predictable. All we had was throwing it left like robots. Might have worked if Latrell was there but Saints were coping with it easily.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
          Our defense was once again very concerning - 40 missed tackles, 5 linebreaks and 16 offloads (many in 3 man tackles, just unacceptable) conceded - won't cut it against teams with polish.

I would say that a side coming first that has scored more points than any other team is one with polish.

Comment

Cant subscribe to the anti Easts rubbish on why we won -widdop..lucky etc.
            It was the customary battle we always have with the joint venture turds
            I didnt think before the game our forwards had it in them.
            Saints forwards have been smashing them all year coming into this round you could call them the benchmark team.Form galore.
            They were the marginally stronger side first half through a glut of possession
            Saying that we bombed two tries through bad hands.
            Second half The Chooks aimed up took control the crumpet muncher Widdop was still on the field when we are running over them ...Him and Dugan came off because our blokes hurt them they didnt fall over ants.
            We also got close a few more times to scoring.
            Any comeback they had was ref assisted errors .
            Our blokes surprised me ...wasnt flash...tough game they hung in there for the war .
            Better side won and was justified by Pearce 1st and last field goal for the rest of his life ...lol
            A good closure to Anzac day and I went home and slept like a baby
            Fark the joint venture
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
              Cant subscribe to the anti Easts rubbish on why we won -widdop..lucky etc.
              It was the customary battle we always have with the joint venture turds
              I didnt think before the game our forwards had it in them.
              Saints forwards have been smashing them all year coming into this round you could call them the benchmark team.Form galore.
              They were the marginally stronger side first half through a glut of possession
              Saying that we bombed two tries through bad hands.
              Second half The Chooks aimed up took control the crumpet muncher Widdop was still on the field when we are running over them ...Him and Dugan came off because our blokes hurt them they didnt fall over ants.
              We also got close a few more times to scoring.
              Any comeback they had was ref assisted errors .
              Our blokes surprised me ...wasnt flash...tough game they hung in there for the war .
              Better side won and was justified by Pearce 1st and last field goal for the rest of his life ...lol
              A good closure to Anzac day and I went home and slept like a baby
              Fark the joint venture
              Excellent post. I agree 100%. Especially the last line.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

Excellent post. I agree 100%. Especially the last line.
                hahahaha
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Need to improve though in all facets(defence/attack and discipline) - our attack is still one dimensional - favour the right side way too much when moving the ball along the backline for instance - on the left side it's basically forward hitups and a hail mary kick for Toops as the only attacking option.

Kicking game was a bit better and obtained a few repeat sets too-Keary doing the short kicks in goal a better option - Still too many kicks to the opposition on the full though - need Jake to do some more kicking from dummy half and early in the count at times to take the pressure of Pearce - kick chase needs to be better and look at running the ball on the 5th tackle too as wingers start to drop back as does the fullback around tackle 4 leaving an overlap.-

The old chip over the top and regather kick too with wingers and fullback dropping back - gone like the fullback chiming into the backline and ball playing front and second rowers it seems under the over structured game plans and de-skilling of players.- Keary/Pearce should get some video's of Steve Mortimer one of the best at chips over the top and regathers. Kevin Hastings even scored a chip over the top and regather try against Parramatta in the 1977 Final I recall.

6 from 8 now and basically on 16 points factoring in the two byes- 7 wins from 18 games now to make the 8 - if 30 will be the cut off point - depending on for and against that is.
                  Last edited by King Salvo; 04-26-2017, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chooksforme View Post
                    Guerra and Manu both terrible defenders, cost us both tries against us with piss weak defence, Taki is getting better with each game under his belt, Cords is amazing, will be NSW captain for sure.
                    How did Manu's defence cost us a try?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                      And don't forget the ridiculous forward pass call on Fergos try....definitely hands backwards....god I hate those calls thank goodness it didn't cost us the game.
                      That was the same touchie who missed the kick that went out in goal and about 3 blatant St George forward passes, surely he only had the job because he knows someone. Completely and utterly incompetent and I bet Tony Archer will back every call being the lying turd that he is.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

I have never liked the drifting forward excuse because it then has to be a quick call from the touchy or ref on how the hands were which is 50-50 and you don't want them to get it wrong, like this one. To me I believe Keary passed backwards but the ball drifted forward BUT to eliminate any doubt, I prefer the rule that if it goes forward, it's forward.
                        You can't have that as more than 50% of passes go forward due to momentum and the physics that go with it. It was thrown backwards, end of story.

Comment

It was 100% backwards out of the hands.

I don't care how far forward it floated.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                            It was 100% backwards out of the hands.

I don't care how far forward it floated.
                            Precisely TJ....as long as it's not thrown forward when leaving the hands of the passer it's fine. Like 98 % of passes thrown.

Same as a dropped ball that goes back first...then rolls forward...never a knock-on.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

You can't have that as more than 50% of passes go forward due to momentum and the physics that go with it. It was thrown backwards, end of story.
                              I'm referring the error rate at getting that right. Grub Reynolds did one on Sunday on that throwback to the '80's Cantebury Retro try'. Take a look...From my perspective, grubs hands and body aimed forward and the ball did drift forward (not as much as Keary), but it was let go... And because it can't go to the bunker, there's a 50-50 chance they'll get it right, and lower for us, and lower when the bunker gets involved anyway. That's what pisses me off, that I thought that Keary's hands were good, but the ball drifted froward way too much so it was easier for them to call it forward.

Comment

Working...
                              X