Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Salary Cap becoming clearer - possibly??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Salary Cap becoming clearer - possibly??

    Around 7 Million in 2017 and believed to be 9.14 mill in 2018 as a starting point - could be higher - plus allowances for 30 player squads and 6 development list players


    http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...4b3285c4fc8b6e

    May or May not make a difference in deciding which off contract players to retain depending on value contracts going forward and other concessions available- Any views??

  • #2
    skd must be on the long service list now?needs a lapel badge and 3 months off?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by stephenj View Post
      skd must be on the long service list now?needs a lapel badge and 3 months off?
      Makes no difference for SKD,we have a plenty of other players we can offset the long serving allowance against. It would have saved him if he was the only one. I think NCL are the only club without a LSPA qualifying player. So they effectively will be operating under a cap 400 less than everyone else. Poor bastards, so much for equalisation, they need it the most.

      Comment


      • #4
        I dont know how you can have a salary cap that is suppose to keep all the teams even but then allow 3rd party payments.
        All the teams arent even because 7 million dollar teams play 10 million dollar teams.
        3rd party payments have to be banned or otherwise there should be no salary cap.
        "Originally posted by Elwuss dumb carnt Rooster"
        So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
        ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
        I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
          I dont know how you can have a salary cap that is suppose to keep all the teams even but then allow 3rd party payments.
          All the teams arent even because 7 million dollar teams play 10 million dollar teams.
          3rd party payments have to be banned or otherwise there should be no salary cap.
          They figure that's the only way to keep high profile players in the game. But it's so unfair. About 80% of the third party agreements are from only three clubs - and we aren't one of them.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

            They figure that's the only way to keep high profile players in the game. But it's so unfair. About 80% of the third party agreements are from only three clubs - and we aren't one of them.
            The game would be a better product if there were only 12 teams so the salary cap should be quashed & the teams who aren't money makers would drop out & the money making teams could pay players what ever they want/afford so the high profile players would stay.
            "Originally posted by Elwuss dumb carnt Rooster"
            So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
            ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
            I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;

            Comment


            • #7
              there is criteria for these and other payments outside the cap though
              What players can earn outside the salary cap:

              $600,000 - Marquee Player Allowance - any or all of the Top 25 players at each club can share in payments made by club sponsors seeking to use a player's intellectual property. These may be guaranteed in the playing contract by clubs.
              $100,000 - Motor Vehicle Allowance a maximum amount of five motor vehicles may be provided to players in the Top 25 outside of the salary cap. (Valued at $20,000 each).
              Unlimited - Players can earn unlimited amounts from corporate sponsors who are not associated with the club and who do not use the game's intellectual property (no club logos, jerseys or emblems) provided these are pre-approved. These agreements may not be negotiated by the club as an incentive for a player to sign a contract, nor can they be guaranteed by the club.
              Unlimited - Tertiary education fees, approved traineeships, medical insurance costs, relocation/temporary accommodation costs are not included in the cap but must be approved

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                there is criteria for these and other payments outside the cap though
                What players can earn outside the salary cap:

                $600,000 - Marquee Player Allowance - any or all of the Top 25 players at each club can share in payments made by club sponsors seeking to use a player's intellectual property. These may be guaranteed in the playing contract by clubs.
                $100,000 - Motor Vehicle Allowance a maximum amount of five motor vehicles may be provided to players in the Top 25 outside of the salary cap. (Valued at $20,000 each).
                Unlimited - Players can earn unlimited amounts from corporate sponsors who are not associated with the club and who do not use the game's intellectual property (no club logos, jerseys or emblems) provided these are pre-approved. These agreements may not be negotiated by the club as an incentive for a player to sign a contract, nor can they be guaranteed by the club.
                Unlimited - Tertiary education fees, approved traineeships, medical insurance costs, relocation/temporary accommodation costs are not included in the cap but must be approved
                That needs to go or other wise what the NRL markets its game on (which is an even competition) is false.
                "Originally posted by Elwuss dumb carnt Rooster"
                So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
                ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
                I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                  The game would be a better product if there were only 12 teams so the salary cap should be quashed & the teams who aren't money makers would drop out & the money making teams could pay players what ever they want/afford so the high profile players would stay.
                  Only six TV games though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                    That needs to go or other wise what the NRL markets its game on (which is an even competition) is false.
                    You can't just get rid of it.

                    Every player would jump to union and it's illegal, you can't put a restraint on trade. Especially for someone like Jarryd Hayne or SBW, these guys can get millions from third parties regardless of who they play for. You really think they'll stay in the NRL if we deny them that?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

                      Only six TV games though.
                      But they would be better games.
                      "Originally posted by Elwuss dumb carnt Rooster"
                      So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
                      ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
                      I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
                        You can't just get rid of it.

                        Every player would jump to union and it's illegal, you can't put a restraint on trade. Especially for someone like Jarryd Hayne or SBW, these guys can get millions from third parties regardless of who they play for. You really think they'll stay in the NRL if we deny them that?
                        If they got rid of the cap which is sort of a restraint of trade anyway clubs could pay players what they like & 3rd party payments would be allowed.
                        "Originally posted by Elwuss dumb carnt Rooster"
                        So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
                        ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
                        I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X