Jake Friend one tough mofo...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Friend one tough mofo...

Now we know why he missed last week's match. Ouch!!

*The 27-year-old hadn't missed a game in nearly two years but was forced to sit out the Roosters' fourth-straight win after he copped a knock to the mouth in the final minute of the Round 3 clash against the Panthers.

"I got hit with something – an elbow or something – and it pushed my three front teeth in," he said on Monday morning.

"I went and got them pulled back and now I've got a wire holding them in place. The dentist said that should keep them there and hopefully I don't get a whack and lose my front teeth.

"[My mouthguard] came flying out but it still bumped all the teeth back. I'm starting to eat again which is nice."

http://m.nrl.com/watson-friend-zoned...7/default.aspx

this was known pregame

Comment

Boogie do you only post to criticise and whinge about posters?

Your only contributions are to whinge about another members posts.

Cmon Champ, lighten up and contribute some footy talk. You'll enjoy yourself more

Comment

Cheers Tommy I was wondering what had happened
        We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
        Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Cheers Tommy.
          BTW Boogie is inviting us all back to his place Friday night for a Boogie Night after the game.

Comment

He's in Chris Flannery class.

Comment

Anthony tupou more like, when did flannery lose his teeth?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                He's in Chris Flannery class.
                ​What about SKD? Doesn't he qualify for toughness class ? He played the whole GF with a broken Mark McGaw.
                The world is full of Kings & Queens,who blind your eye's & steal your dreams!

Comment

SKD is no doubt a tough player, and a great clubman, but after about a decade of firstgrade experience, he still has way too many fundlemental errors in his game, week after week. We love him, but he's killing us.

Comment

Originally posted by infidelrooster View Post

​What about SKD? Doesn't he qualify for toughness class ? He played the whole GF with a broken Mark McGaw.

100%

And he didn't tell anyone because he wanted to stay on.

But of course none of them compare with the toughness of John Sattler and Sam Burgess.....

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
                      Anthony tupou more like, when did flannery lose his teeth?
                      For our younger chookpeners, the Flannery one was worse than losing teeth. Ouch!

Comment

ive just finished getting implants for two front teeth 50 years in the front row will do that, not much fun but done now too bloody expensive in sydney too so as retired crew i went to mantilla Philippines for it, 3 trips with 3 months in between 2 for the price of one in Sydney, all good if anyone wants their card.

Comment

Originally posted by crikey chris View Post

For our younger chookpeners, the Flannery one was worse than losing teeth. Ouch!
                          What happened to flannery? I remember him getting ironed out by an SBW shoulder special but he popped straight up, he was one of my favorites from that era. I also remember him bringing down omeley one on one right on the goalie, great defender

Comment

He was nicknamed One Nut for a while. That should give you a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
                              He was nicknamed One Nut for a while. That should give you a clue.
                              The bowlers Holding the batsmens Willey....one ball remaining.

Comment

Working...
                              X