Latrell v Watene-Zelezniak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latrell v Watene-Zelezniak

Latrell has a certain baby-faced innocence about him, but did anyone else notice how he niggled Watene-Zeleniak in the Penrith game? He was trash-talking, head rubbing, pushing and shoving him all night. Almost reminded me Justin Hodges...

I love it.

The kid is still only 19 and yet it's amazing just how much he's grown as a first grader.

He has all the attributes - not just physically with his size and strength - but he's got tremendous skill as well.

He also seems to love the contest.

Just imagine how good he'll be in 3 to 4 years. And I wonder whether he'll be FB by then or remain at centre.

Comment

DWZ is a hot headed wanker and was being a **** all game to Latrell.

It's good to see some banter on the field anyway.

Comment

He was almost in tears thanks to jamie lyon so maybe he should be careful doing this

Comment

I really believe that Latrell is going to be at the centre of our team for the next decade. The kid is an out and out star.

Comment

It went both ways. Pretty sure it was started by their poor man's RTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post
              Latrell has a certain baby-faced innocence about him, but did anyone else notice how he niggled Watene-Zeleniak in the Penrith game? He was trash-talking, head rubbing, pushing and shoving him all night. Almost reminded me Justin Hodges...
              I was thinking the same thing.

It's great that we have a centre that is intimidating. I can't see too many of his opposite numbers taking him on.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I love that pretty much whatever they try to do to rough him up or mouth off at him he just ends up grinning or laughs at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                  I was thinking the same thing.

It's great that we have a centre that is intimidating. I can't see too many of his opposite numbers taking him on.
                  I suspect he hasn't stopped growing yet either.

Comment

DWZ started it with latrell, after latrell had thrown some one in to the ground by their collar, out of the field of play next to panthers in-goal, and dwz ran over and tried to give it to him. and latrell returned the favour with a head pat after his try. i personally live it. latrell did some thing like this last year vs sam burgess when he tried to dominate latrell and sam gave away a couple of penalties against him. i feel its going to bring a bit more good fortune getting under players skin.

Comment

Originally posted by roostersrule2 View Post
                      DWZ is a hot headed wanker and was being a **** all game to Latrell.

It's good to see some banter on the field anyway.
                      DWZ a hot headed wanker? Really ? Do you even watch him play? Gave the slightest bit of big niggle to Mitchell the other night ( which others are praising LM for) other than that is always quite reserved on the field. Very respectful kid from a beautiful family.

Comment

I don't like the 'niggle' stuff...eventually if its not controlled it becomes grubby crap and starts to cost us penalties. Nothing wrong in the way Maubbs/Cordner approach the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

DWZ a hot headed wanker? Really ? Do you even watch him play? Gave the slightest bit of big niggle to Mitchell the other night ( which others are praising LM for) other than that is always quite reserved on the field. Very respectful kid from a beautiful family.
                          He tried to pick a fight with him twice and got involved in a tackle just to give him a bit of a facial after he'd been tackled.

I loved it but there was nothing reserved about it. He went looking for it just as much if not more than Mitchell.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

​Thanks for the update, Mrs Zelezniak.

Comment

Yes he dusted up moylan in the ingoal, seemed a running battle after that

Comment

Working...
                              X