No announcement yet.

Jason Taylor Sacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roosters have had 2 coaches in 7 years certainly has to be one of the better records outside of Melbourne and puts to bed the trigger happy perception of the club. With stability comes success.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvis Rooster View Post

yeah screw them all. We certainly dont want that kind of nonsense at the Roosters. I think Taylor has been dealt with pretty harshly. Its a shame though, the guy seems to have a pretty brilliant football mind but it seems people find him dislikable. In my opinion this sacking confirms that Taylor is never going to make it as a first grade coach. Perhaps he lacks people skills?
      A lot of similarities to Brian Smith.
      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
        A lot of similarities to Brian Smith.
        As bad as some think smith was, he delivered pretty good success wherever he went, he got each club he coached to a grand final, and I think he had authority and respect because he got results, Taylor has very little in comparison in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

As bad as some think smith was, he delivered pretty good success wherever he went, he got each club he coached to a grand final, and I think he had authority and respect because he got results, Taylor has very little in comparison in my opinion.
          Bluddy Oath.

One of my favourite coaches...if not a trifle eccentric.

I always smile awkwardly when people say" he never won a title "...er like you mean one game? After getting 3 Aussie clubs and one UK club to the big dance.

Yeah obviously can't coach..

But back to JT...ironically I think Smithy got him the Tiges gig...so there you go.

Comment

Let's see what a strong leader Pascoe is. IMO they need to wipe the slate clean by appointing Cleary & not Payten.

Cleary brings with him no baggage nor favouritism but heaps of football knowledge and nous and man-management skill. He's the right fit to for a complete overhaul and if they play their cards right they can
            eventually replace Brooks with his son Nathan.

Appointing Payten on the other hand would be an adverse decision certain to end in tears. He was allegedly white-anting Potter and doing likewise with Papa Smurf.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Bluddy Oath.

One of my favourite coaches...if not a trifle eccentric.

I always smile awkwardly when people say" he never won a title "...er like you mean one game? After getting 3 Aussie clubs and one UK club to the big dance.

Yeah obviously can't coach..

But back to JT...ironically I think Smithy got him the Tiges gig...so there you go.
              Eccentric is the perfect description.

Best part about smiths press conferences was trying to decipher what the hell he just said!

Comment

Brooks is the one who shits me, literally shown nothing to date yet is looking down the barrel of a big contract and he comes out and whinges about how restrictive the game plan is on his ability to play the game.

Brooks is lucky he is at the Tigers I dont think there is another club who would have persisted with him as long as they have. At least Moses has shown somethig.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                  Brooks is the one who shits me, literally shown nothing to date yet is looking down the barrel of a big contract and he comes out and whinges about how restrictive the game plan is on his ability to play the game.

Brooks is lucky he is at the Tigers I dont think there is another club who would have persisted with him as long as they have. At least Moses has shown somethig.
                  Agree...i see more potential in Moses.

And I am the only one that thinks Woods is strongly overrated?

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Eccentric is the perfect description.

Best part about smiths press conferences was trying to decipher what the hell he just said!
                    Yes eccentric does describe Smithy, a coach I have always had a soft spot for. It's fair to say Hasler is another eccentric personality. Taylor on the other hand comes across as surly and arrogant. As for the Tigers, they are a shambles. Back Taylor against Farah and sack him 3 weeks into the season. What a joke. It's obvious this is a player mutiny. But it seems the players there have a culture of getting rid of their coaches when they feel like it. The irony is most people blamed Farah and Bunji for this culture but neither is there now.

Comment

Agree...i see more potential in Moses.

I think he (Woods) is massively overrated too, and I can't fathom how he's pretty much the first bloke picked for origin every year. Absolute plodder with no intimidation factor like a good prop should have.

Comment

Originally posted by keggs View Post

I think he (Woods) is massively overrated too, and I can't fathom how he's pretty much the first bloke picked for origin every year. Absolute plodder with no intimidation factor like a good prop should have.
                        I think he does his role the best for any other NSW prop. He takes the ball hard and because of his strength usually manages to stay up and off loads. That's his value. He's no JWH or Napa though.

Comment

No, but it is easy to stand out in the ramble Tiggies have assembled

Comment

Originally posted by keggs View Post

When he plays well it is more due to his high workrate. He is a powderpuff though for a prop and overrated.
                            Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Woods is also soft in that Irgun decider a few years ago he got smashed and went missing the rest of the game he gets dominated every time we play Wests if he didn't have a stupid hair style he wouldn't be talked about he's like willie mason

Comment

Isaac Moses has them so much over a barrel he is now effectively running the club.

The only way around that is to take a tough decision on the self-appointed "Big Four".

If they don't then they will be a basket case for a decade.

PS. Poor effort to do that to Taylor. They deserve everything that will now come to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X