Roosters try was wrong: NRL Refs Boss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HEGtheROOSTER View Post

Don't recall it happening too much at all, and neither should it. Did Archer come out in the press and call out the blatant James Roberts forward pass to Jordan Kahu in the Cowboys game? That was about 1 1/2 metres forward......
    Exactly.

Where was he on that call?

The agenda has begun.

Comment

I liked the part when he explained why the refs didn't penalise Merrin for playing the ball facing the sideline.

Oh wait...

Comment

The pass was forward. No doubt about it. But I also would have loved to have seen the Moylan flick from a side on angle.
        Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

I thought the flick pass for Penriths only try was forward But thats ok
          We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
          Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
            Has Archer aired his views on possible forward passes before? If so, I can live with the consistency. If not, it just proves to me he is letting his dislike of the Roosters cloud his judgement.

Why am I getting the feeling the panfers have been pre-ordained as premiers this year?

Exactly what I was thinking LR.

I have asked in the other thread what could he be hoping to achieve by airing his views in this when as you say he has never done so previously for possible forward passes?

Is he trying to influence referees in future games to call anything close by us forward? Very possibly.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
              Has Archer aired his views on possible forward passes before? If so, I can live with the consistency. If not, it just proves to me he is letting his dislike of the Roosters cloud his judgement.

Why am I getting the feeling the panfers have been pre-ordained as premiers this year?
              My crystal ball had them pegged for next year but I nearly choked when at the beginning of last night's coverage, the game was being billed as a grand final preview....
              "It's these little things, they can pull you under
              Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

My crystal ball had them pegged for next year but I nearly choked when at the beginning of last night's coverage, the game was being billed as a grand final preview....
                What is your crystal ball telling you this year re the pre ordained premiers ?
                We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

What I find real funny is that Archer is quick to comment about an error that favored us in this a winning performance, but how quick was he last year to respond to the Aubusson offside call from the Bunker against Manly, or the Napa alleged shoulder charge against the Dragons, or the two man assisted grounding in the Bulldogs games, or even the French knock on from the last play against the Eels?

We waited a few days for those responses, or not any in some cases...

To be fair I think the officials did the right thing with the way that game was going we were on top in that last 10 minutes, no matter what I generally feel we would have scored later on and still won that game. The referee's got a feel for the game and letting it go when it was 50/50 was right as after all would you have liked to call it with 7 minutes to go?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
                    I thought the flick pass for Penriths only try was forward But thats ok

And what about all the other forward passes Panthers threw during the match, that were let go?
                    What about all the penalties they received...3 right in front?

What about their players flopping on/holding down our players in tackles all match.

We scored 3 tries to 1...and the rest of the Panthers points came from penalties?

Time Archer was shown the door?

Are brooms on special at Aldi this week?

Comment

NO WAY was this a forward pass. Go watch it again. Look at the Photo. Watch the replay. The Roosters player has passed the ball and then been stopped by his opposing tackler, this is why it deceptively looks forward. Happens all the time.
                      2 players running at same speed, player A passes the ball, player a stops, player B keeps running, this is why photos and camera angles can be deceptive.
                      But again there is not much in it.
                      So frustrating from Archer- he looks after his high profile Refs and throws young up coming Refs under the bus.

Comment

Photo and please go watch the pass again.
                        http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...beb307ed3a111b

Comment

I like it more refs need to be held accountable for their errors they're a protected species archer should be doing this for every game and people should stop acting like they care about a young ref being hung out to dry when they criticise young players and other refs so effortlessly on a daily basis don't act like you care a young ref is copping it publicly it's all about suiting the agenda argument

Comment

archers right. just like he was with the morris out of bounds pass which lead to a try in the 2010 grand final. no probs
                            1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Team Evil View Post
                              Photo and please go watch the pass again.
                              http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-...beb307ed3a111b

I did. And it's still forward.

Why do we even debate this? 90% of us agree it's forward. The rest would claim Tom Brady passes were not forward if he played for the Roosters.
                              Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Yes the pass was forward, but there are tries off forward passes in nearly every game in the NRL.

Possibly the reason Archer came out and said something is because it was the match wining try. It seems that if you score from a forward pass but don't win, then Archer ignores it. I certainly don't remember him coming out after the Broncs lost to the Cows and that slime Roberts threw that pass that floated 10 metres forward which the Broncs scored off.

Toups did get some good calls from that touchie on Sat night - he also ignored that foot on the touchline which he could not possibly have missed because he was deadseat right in front of him. Nor sure he will be in first grade next week ...

The forward pass call was not the fault of the ref, it was the touchie's call and the ref went with him when he said it was all good.
                                Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Working...
                                X