Blocker Roach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blocker Roach

What does everyone think of Blocker's commentary last night ?

In my opinion it was the most one-sided pathetic and embarrassing commentary i've ever heard.

There was the Panthers dis-allowed try in the first half when Pearce was taken out by a decoy runner, but Blocker couldn't understand why Moylen couldn't go over for a try. Even the lead commentator had to tell him twice why it was dis-allowed.
    Then there was the offside by not one but 2 panthers players, but Blocker says that Gordon still had a chance to catch the ball. The lead commentator had to correct him and tell him that the offside player was a meter or so near Gordon and had put pressure on him which impacted Gordon going for the ball.

There were many other examples of poor commentary throughout the match.

We need to send an email to Fox sports to let them know pathetic it was.
    Last edited by roorooman; 03-19-2017, 12:00 PM.

I gave up and turned the sound right down to the minimum and started sorting my iTunes playlists to distract myself. That game was one of the most stressful I have sat through in 45 years of watching games. What a shame Blocker had to ruin it. He offers nothing in terms of insightful analysis or intelligent commentary...just another token relic of the past trotted out to round out the numbers. He's keeping someone else out of a job
    "It's these little things, they can pull you under
    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

He just doesn't like the Roosters. That's fine but yes his commentary was crap
      The Internet is a place for posting silly things
      Try and be serious and you will look stupid
      sigpic

Comment

At all times when I watch a broadcast it is without audio - I don't need to listen to dinosaurs, tabloid sports calling / bias to be able to understand what is occurring in a game as my eye sight is 100%.

Comment

It was embarrassing how he couldn't hide his bias in commentary.

All the comms have their teams but like a referee are paid to be impartial.

Sterlo does it best I think despite his allegiances.

Comment

I don't understand how anyone can care about what the commentators say

Comment

He is so bad it's sad.

I loved how Andy Raymond made a fool of him in the Worriers game about the size of the Worriers pack. Though I doubt his mate Crawley liked it.

Comment

Time for him to be sent back to Jurrasic Park.

Comment

He reckons we "stole" Gould from Penrith but I didn't hear him say that Penrith "stole" Gould from Canterbury.

Comment

I have a lot of respect for Brandy and Gasnier. I find they're professional in their opinions and unbiased considering their playing careers. I also like Warren Smith as a caller, pretty fair IMO.

Comment

He is too much of a dinosaur who can't let go of the 'glory days'.
                      For me Greg Alexander is far and away the best colour commentator.
                      Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

My favourite moment was when he was trying to claim Waqa Blake had marked the ball on the JWH No Try.

Comment

Or with 50 seconds to go... 'The Panthers will be looking for a repeat set here'.

Comment

My personal favourite of the night was the fact that pre match he declared the Roosters morals saying our experienced halves would school their young halves
                            Last edited by Andrew Walker; 03-19-2017, 07:49 PM.
                            We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                            Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Blocker been smacked too many times and is as dumb as bat shit. Plus he lost a few bob after backing the Riff last night.
                              I have lots of respect to Gas. He's s great commentator. That's Gas not Gus!

Comment

Working...
                              X