Gordon's last Try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon's last Try

Watching Sports Sunday and the NRL have come out and said Gordon's last try should not have been given.
    No word on why yet. Surely not because of the supposedly forward pass.
    Why do they say that about one of our tries. How many time have we been duded and silence from NRL.
    So frustrating!

Saw that as well. I'm still waiting for our first apology from the NRL
    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Like all the other tries that they said we should have received in the past..water, duck, back i reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Evil View Post
        Watching Sports Sunday and the NRL have come out and said Gordon's last try should not have been given.
        Why do they say that about one of our tries. How many time have we been duded and silence from NRL.
        So frustrating!
        I heard that too Team Evil and couldn't believe it.

Surely not...and the dopey host said "I'm sure we will be hearing a lot more about this"....????

Comment

As they say. "Look at the scoreboard".

Speaking of Gordon, how good was his tackle in that last set on Peachey? Great desperation.
          Originally posted by jism
          I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

It's worrying to me that Archer came out so soon to say that it was a forward pass.

Where was he last year when Aubo was ruled offside. He said he agreed with that call!

My huge concern is that Archer is laying the groundwork for another agenda against us given how good we clearly are.

Comment

Can't argue. Pass was clearly forward. Who cares though. 3/3.

Comment

Dare I say that Moylan's "miracle" flick pass was somewhat dubious too?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                  It's worrying to me that Archer came out so soon to say that it was a forward pass.

Where was he last year when Aubo was ruled offside. He said he agreed with that call!

My huge concern is that Archer is laying the groundwork for another agenda against us given how good we clearly are.
                  yes we can't have the Roosters winning 3 in a row can we? And look who the opposition is next in line for this week's round.....
                  "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                  Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Looks like I saw this coming when I made a post in the match thread last night. Apparently before the weekend has even been completed Archer has come out and announced Roosters only won because of the junior referee's incompetence.

Archer is a real worry. To publicly shame a new ref, when he should be supporting him where possible, over a line ball call that went our way, demonstrates once again this toxic individual has a clear problem with our club.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Evil View Post
                      So frustrating!
                      Either way it was 3 tries to 1 with a ridiculous number of penalties being awarded to Penrith from right in front. The fact they got within 2 points while only scoring 1/3 of the tries was a farce.

And sorry but Penrith's 'try' was way more questionable than Gordon's (which NEARLY looks forward until you look at the lines and realise that it's an extreme angle tricking you into thinking that sideways is 1m forward - the pass went backwards easily when you consider that).

Penrith's try? Well lets think:
                      - Knock-on called against us when we passed the ball backwards (awkwardly) and it bounced backwards to a player. Original knock-on call = fail.
                      - Penrith then had 2 (maybe 3) knock-ons in the play where they scored the 'try'

Sorry Pemriff fans but you weren't robbed. If anything we were robbed severely and we still edged you out suckers!! The Penrith players knew it too, otherwise they woulda gone for tries rather than taking the 2 points from in front every time (i.e. they knew they couldn't score against us and that they were lucky, milked, 50:50 at best calls to appease their violent home crowd).
                      Last edited by ism22; 03-19-2017, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Look out on Thursday night for a "square up".

Arch...make sure you schedule Cummins.

Comment

Originally posted by Flipper Hands View Post
                          As they say. "Look at the scoreboard".

Speaking of Gordon, how good was his tackle in that last set on Peachey? Great desperation.
                          In that passage 2-3 passes before, a player taps down a bomb to wallace and he taps it forward in my opinion which then leads to Peachey's run from the left...We win some, we lose many...

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Either way it was 3 tries to 1 with a ridiculous number of penalties being awarded to Penrith from right in front. The fact they got within 2 points while only scoring 1/3 of the tries was a farce.

And sorry but Penrith's 'try' was way more questionable than Gordon's (which NEARLY looks forward until you look at the lines and realise that it's an extreme angle tricking you into thinking that sideways is 1m forward - the pass went backwards easily when you consider that).

- Knock-on called against us when we passed the ball backwards (awkwardly) and it bounced backwards to a player. Original knock-on call = fail.
                            - Penrith then had 2 (maybe 3) knock-ons in the play where they scored the 'try'

Sorry Pemriff fans but you weren't robbed. If anything we were robbed severely and we still edged you out suckers!!
                            You can't put brains in statues ism....they'll be bleating about this one for months now...

"It's these little things, they can pull you under
                            Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Sorry Pemriff fans but you weren't robbed. If anything we were robbed severely and we still edged you out suckers!! The Penrith players knew it too, otherwise they woulda gone for tries rather than taking the 2 points from in front every time (i.e. they knew they couldn't score against us and that they were lucky, milked, 50:50 at best calls to appease their violent home crowd).
                              Well if we stop conceding dumb penalties in good position Penrith wouldn't be in a position to win off 1 try scored

Comment

Working...
                              X