Crab Keary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crab Keary

I noticed last night that Keary was angling towards the sideline when he ran the ball. The result was that Latrell and Toups were crowded and our shining left side attack suffered.

In the previous two weeks he straightened it and they were devastating.

Hope he gets that out of his game.

Seems to be at his best off the back of quick play the balls and retreating defences. Didn't get that last night and not nearly as effective as he has been.

Comment

Agree with Maxy. Penriff's defense was brilliant last night
      Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

That's because he's trying to bring defenders off their line and out of the defence because Penrith are well drilled and disciplined in that respect but of course Tobin wouldn't see that

Comment

The line speed of Penrith didn't allow him to straighten up. They were very quick.

Comment

Originally posted by boogie View Post
            That's because he's trying to bring defenders off their line and out of the defence because Penrith are well drilled and disciplined in that respect but of course Tobin wouldn't see that
            Keary was still pretty good and defended well. Penwiff's line speed was tremendous, of course off the back of their ruck cheating. They were in our face all night, and rushing the halves. The only time they backed off was after that fluke of a try to Peachy, and then we scored 2. BTW, Anyone other than Moylan tries that pass and it would have gone forward.

Also, the Panfas made bugger all errors with the ball. We would have got smashed last year. They were expecting us to just open up like the Tigpies - not this time.

The bomb defense is a concern. Reynolds and souffs will try to copy-cat that next week 100%.

Watched the Presser. BooHoo to Penwiff coach and captain. Stop your sooking. YOU LOST. CHOKE ON THAT.
            Last edited by PeeGee; 03-19-2017, 09:52 AM.
            Roosters For Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
              The line speed of Penrith didn't allow him to straighten up. They were very quick.
              They were offside.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

They were offside.
                I wondered how they could be so fast for the whole match but that I couldn't see on my screen. When you say they were offside, how far offside, cause every team is usually in front of the ref by up to a foot or so... And yes as for Keary, he was crowded as soon as he got the ball, that angle running was thwarted by Penriths quick defense. I don't think Keary had the ability to intro plan B for the team, if they had one.

Comment

It happened more when he had room to run than when the defence was on him.

Comment

Pearce the line to hold defense. Cordner to run under for option and to stop them sliding. Gordon can then be out the back or under off Keary. Mitchell the same, needs to straighten up. Patience and this will be near unstoppable. Like the Storm with when they're on, you might know what they're going to do but stopping it is another thing

Comment

I've never seen a team maintain the linespeed intensity for 80 minutes like Penrith did last night
                      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                        I've never seen a team maintain the linespeed intensity for 80 minutes like Penrith did last night
                        That's a massive compliment to our side, I feel that teams are getting intimidated by how good our attacking structures are. We should be getting a lot of penalties for teams being outside the ten at the play the balls.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

I wondered how they could be so fast for the whole match but that I couldn't see on my screen. When you say they were offside, how far offside, cause every team is usually in front of the ref by up to a foot or so... And yes as for Keary, he was crowded as soon as he got the ball, that angle running was thwarted by Penriths quick defense. I don't think Keary had the ability to intro plan B for the team, if they had one.
                          ​At the start of the year, didn't Fox say that they were going to have a line across the screen showing the 10m/offsides?

​Maybe they thought it would case too many dramas and scrapped it.

Comment

Penrith were offside , we were in line with some plays and you could see a couple of them were a metre in front.

Apparently we were off side all night according to the Riff supporter behind us , but we had the last laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsgrove-Loiner View Post

​At the start of the year, didn't Fox say that they were going to have a line across the screen showing the 10m/offsides?

​Maybe they thought it would case too many dramas and scrapped it.
                              I wondered what happened to this too.

Maybe the NRL intervened as it'd be too embarrassing; especially in Golden Point.

Comment

Working...
                              X