No announcement yet.

Match Thread: Penrith Panthers vs Sydney Roosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably the happiest I've been with a defensive effort so far this season, we only let one try in and a few penalty goals, which can be avoidable.

I thought Penrith came out early and had a good defensive game plan to stop our runners getting quick metres. The B & C defender would rush up quickly (mostly offside) causing our runner to get tackled by them or to run back into the marker and make minimal metres.

While that worked for most of the game, we have to much strike power for it to contain us for an entire game.

Thought there we far to many errors and when our bench came on there seemed to be a huge drop in intensity, Lui was significantly disappointing.

Big wraps to Pearce, Gordon, Cordner & JWH who all put together fantastic performances!

Comment

• Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post
      Foxsports should really consider lowering the crowd mics for panthers games... for years now they have been far the worst when it comes to constant booing... it is so annoying to have to listen to for 80mins.

They should lower the mic when Blocker is dribbling on as well. He's terrible and was embarrassing tonight. The Waqa Blake no try when he kept saying that the offside players shouldn't matter was just ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post
        Foxsports should really consider lowering the crowd mics for panthers games... for years now they have been far the worst when it comes to constant booing... it is so annoying to have to listen to for 80mins.
        Manly fans too they don't know why they boo they just do it

Comment

• That's 2 eye sockets in a row for the opposition. This time to Fisher Harris...was that Teteveano again?

Comment

• Originally posted by Yak View Post
            Just a quick thing I don't think anyone has mentioned, have a look at who makes that final tackle. Latrell Mitchell. Our left centre comes across past the opposite side's post to absolutely whack Kikau. Michael Gordon's tackle was incredible but Mitchell's to stop the big fella was all attitude. He's such a big moment player. He basically pulled Kikau down on his own. Anyone criticising the playing group on the back of tonight's performance needs to get their head read. Our defence was outstanding. The pride in our line is back. It took a miracle fluke of a pass to get through our line. Our line speed wasn't there but our contact and grip was superb again.
            Just saw the replay. Two b2b awesome try saving tackles.

I'm very confident that the defence will be fine this year because the core of the "Bondi Wall" teams well and trull remains.

And clearly the kids like Latrell are buying in too.

Where do you see his future lies, at centre or fullback?

Comment

• And how about that slime bucket Tony Archer coming out and saying our match winning try was from a forward pass so soon after the match?

This is the same merkin who agreed that Aubusson was offside in the match vs Manly last year. The would be match winner where he was onside by 1 metre.

It worries me that he's come out quickly to say that. His hatred for us is certainly no secret.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                And how about that slime bucket Tony Archer coming out and saying our match winning try was from a forward pass so soon after the match?

This is the same merkin who agreed that Aubusson was offside in the match vs Manly last year. The would be match winner where he was onside by 1 metre.

It worries me that he's come out quickly to say that. His hatred for us is certainly no secret.
                I'd like to tie that man to a chair (not for any weird reasons ) and force him to watch the 2010 grand final.....
                "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

• Originally posted by player 1 View Post

I didn't see the game. But from what you and others have said, I can't see Referees Boss Archer being at all happy with his performance. He may well be dropped after being shamed by Archer in the media for a series of crucial blunders that disadvantaged Penrith.

Looks like I saw this coming when I made this post last night. Apparently before the weekend has even been completed Archer has come out and announced Roosters only won because of the junior referee's incompetence.

Archer is a real worry. To publicly shame a new ref, when he should be supporting him where possible, over a line ball call that went our way, demonstrates once again this toxic individual has a clear problem with our club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keith View Post
                    Great game , I was lucky to get out of the ground alive
                    Totally grey now , what a a nail biter...
                    You are a brave soul for going along Keith. I just gave myself a la dee da manicure as my nails were ragged this morning when I woke up..along with my high blood pressure..good thing my doctor is a Roosters fan..she knows exactly what type of medication i need...
                    Last edited by redwhiteblue; 03-19-2017, 07:29 PM. Reason: Bad spelling. If i needed mediation, I'd see a lawyer, not a doctor...
                    "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

• Well done Chooks, 3 out of 3 & it was a tough away game.

Comment

• JWH's defence was awsome in the 2ndhalf... covered a lot of space.

Comment

• Originally posted by morley101 View Post
                          JWH's defence was awsome in the 2ndhalf... covered a lot of space.
                          His defense may have been awesome but he isnt doing much in attack. He is not as intimidating as he was & he doesnt bend the opposition line when he takes the ball up.

Comment

Working...
                          X