No announcement yet.

Jennings Arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Jennings doesn't feel like he's let the team down then he's not worthy to be in the team.
    SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

• Originally posted by novice chook View Post
      Thanks John Corey for bringing some sense into the conversation.

Supporters who are criticising the police and the justice system just don't get it - the real issue here for the Roosters is that Jennings was out drinking at 2.30 am in the morning 3 days before a match.

As a highly paid professional who has been a passenger in our team all year and has quite frankly played shyte, his behaviour is totally unacceptable, whether he is charged by police or not!

The police charges may well be dropped down the track, but does that absolve Jennings of all blame for the situation he put himself in - I don't believe so.

The Roosters have taken the correct action in punishing him for not adhering to the team and club rules, which are well known to every member of the squad. The NRL can decide if he deserves any further punishment re the police charges.

I would like Laurie Daley to punt him for SOO3 because that, more than anything else, will have Jennings come to his senses and realise the cost of breaking the rules. But I doubt it will happen because Daley is a hyprocrite, and morals and ethics are only important when it suits his selection process.
      Daley has confirmed that jennings will be picked in origin 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Corey View Post

Really? If you are an aspiring law student Ism then I suggest you study harder. Of fences to do with Public Places, Offensive Behaviour/Conduct, Offensive Language etc are found in the Summary Offences Act of 1988. They are deemed minor Offences and therefore dealt with by the Court with a fine. Not jail time. That's why I said the biggest problem Jennings had was not the court, but his club.

This will be my last post in this thread. I don't want to be seen as the ' Police defender'. I know better than any of you that there are some people in the Force that don't deserve the responsibility. But honestly they are very much in the minority. I wish some of you could walk in their boots for a couple of months and see what it's like to be constantly abused on a daily basis, particularly by drunk kids. One thing I will always remember is that 99% of the time you deal with the criminal element. The other 1 % of the time where you are dealing with normal decent people it's because they have had their car stolen or their house broken into. It is a thankless job.

But some of your comments are obviously made without any real knowledge of how the process works. None of you were there and witnessed what happened. Including me. Yet you all have an opinion of how the Police should have dealt with it.
        2026 your comments in regards to racism are just plain offensive. I have no idea how old you are but really, they are out of line.

Ism your comments are no better. You are just tarring everyone with the same brush. Let me tell you a fact about off behaviour or off language. Let me give you this example. I'm working at the football and some idiot starts unloading on me calling me a @&$/$&. @&$)( pig or similar. Does that offend me? No it does not. But the mum and dad that are sitting there with their 8 yr old daughter having a good day at the footy find it disgusting. So I charge the idiot because what he said was offensive to those people. Not necessarily me. And if I did nothing. Just walked away from it? What do you think that mum and dad would think of me as a police officer? Off behaviour is usually associated with alcohol. And you can guarantee that if Jennings was also charged with Hindering, it means he was told repeatedly to settle down and let the police do their job. He obviously was very pissed, didn't have his senses about him, and ignored their directions. So he got hit with it. But for you 'that's just something they tag on so something sticks'.

Over and out from me on this thread.
        Take a chill pill dude...

Comment

• Aparently Mj is going to vigorously defend this in court.I hope he does this is a free country and supposedly we are all entitled to ask questions of the police without fear of being arrested.If he is successful i hope he sues the individuals in question for damages.

Comment

• Originally posted by kakaruk View Post
            Aparently Mj is going to vigorously defend this in court.I hope he does this is a free country and supposedly we are all entitled to ask questions of the police without fear of being arrested.If he is successful i hope he sues the individuals in question for damages.
            Yep he's pleaded not guilty.

I'm not anti-police, but I think our friend is forgetting that MJ will have his day in court. The cops aren't lawyers and they are not legally trained. MJ is innocent until proven guilty and as a Roosters player who doesn't appear to have done anything seriously wrong, I'm on his side.

A criminal conviction has serious implications. From what we've heard thus far, all he did was argue with the cops. If you haven't done anything wrong then our friend's pretty lame in assuming that arguing with the cops is an offence in itself. While I'm sure the cops would love it if such charges can get over the line, IMO it would be a pretty oppresive ruling if the court held that it's 'offensive' to argue with the cops. It's not North Korea. You're allowed to question the need for police involvement.

Comment

Working...
            X