Cheese Talks Pre-Season Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post
    Who is the "new strength and conditioning coach" he says is one of the best coaches he's ever had?
    Dunno... saw the pics but I dunno who's who. Was he talking about Holbrook in us being more focussed...etc?

Whoever it is, hopefully the end result is less injuries and more focus in the first half of the season.

We've had the benefit of a relatively stable roster over the past few seasons (not too many ins and outs in key positions). IMO it's okay if our strength/fitness isn't peaking in round 1. All I expect is that we'll play like a team!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Dunno... saw the pics but I dunno who's who. Was he talking about Holbrook in us being more focussed...etc?

Whoever it is, hopefully the end result is less injuries and more focus in the first half of the season.

We've had the benefit of a relatively stable roster over the past few seasons (not too many ins and outs in key positions). IMO it's okay if our strength/fitness isn't peaking in round 1. All I expect is that we'll play like a team!!!
      Not Holbrook, they had video of the guy and he refereed to him as the new s and c coach

Comment

The Cheese looks like he's carrying a bit of pork, but I think that will always be the case with him.

I sense a big year for him in 2024 and I hope I'm right. He's now had a year to settle in and I think he's ready to take a bit of command.
        1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
        1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Fantastic player. Hope he picks up where he left off last year because he came into some decent form. A hard man to handle.

Been a long time since Easts had a real deal attacking 9.

Like maybe Wayne Marshall long ago.

Or Wingy!

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post

Not Holbrook, they had video of the guy and he refereed to him as the new s and c coach
            I assume its Simon Jones, ex NZ Rugby. Connor Watson gave him a rap too but hinted he has been flogging them. Hopefully we will be quicker out of the blocks this year.

Comment

Yeah it's Jonesy.

Comment

good interview. played with injuries last year and then finished the season strongly. dally m hooker of the year grade and is a winner

Comment

Simon Jones is the new Head of Performance for the Sydney Roosters.

Comes from a Rugby Union background having held roles as Strength and Conditioning Coach NZ Rugby , Head of Performance Japan Rugby . High Performance Sport New Zealand - Last Role Head of Athletic Performance Highlanders Super Rugby

Comment

Simon would be on some coin

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                      Simon would be on some coin
                      Yeah - both NZ and Japanese rugby have had great results recently too?

Comment

Reports of Hutch being in the best shape of his life after shedding several kgs has me scratching my head. He always looked unfit at the Roosters and was always gassing out on the field.

Comment

Working...
                        X