Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed Allianz Stadium Upgrade

LINK: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226922080457

Would be awesome but I'll believe it when I see it.

The way things have gone with the previous state governments they will probably build another stadium for GWS before we get anything.

Anyway the SFS needs an upgrade it's so ****ing outdated.

Comment

Looks awesome would love to see it happen.

Comment

NRL in conjunction with Telstra are mighty keen

the NRL digital live to your device seems to be successful & they can take it to another level with free wifi at the game check replays so you can chuck more abuse at the ref's followed with an online food order

mind you a quick check on yer bank statement may be required before forking out the dosh on a meal deal.

supposed to roll out for next season...
        "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

The SFS is massively outdated.

They need to hurry up and get a roof on the stadium, increase the carpark tenfold and create a public plaza between the SFS and SCG.

Comment

What a cracker it will be when finished....

Comment

Permanent roof is interesting, not sure if I'd be a fan.

Nothing beats watching the footy with the sun beaming down. Would also be interesting to see what it does to the acoustics of the place.

I guess it's a much cheaper alternative to a retractable roof.

It's about time the best rectangular stadium in NSW got an update, bit embarrassing for the state.

Comment

Check out the bogans making comments under the article. Apparently us cashed up Roosters fans need to pay for this ourselves because we follow a posh team..
                "The challenge remains due to an unchallengeable offence" - The Bunker

Comment

Originally posted by kegs2 View Post
                  The SFS is massively outdated.

They need to hurry up and get a roof on the stadium, increase the carpark tenfold and create a public plaza between the SFS and SCG.
                  How would they manage that? Have them parking on the training field.....

Comment

Why have a permanent roof, a retractable one like at the Melbourne tennis centre would be more desireable but I suppose the way the current roof is higher and dips towards the end would make it impossible unless they demolish and rebuild.I also laugh, although the new stands at the SCG are quite nice they are exposed to all elements of the weather in the upper decks, a bit like at the SFS, you can be undercover and still get wet but at least there are some decent food options there now and some nice new bars, had a dozen oysters from Doyles and a glass of champers at the last Swans game, ahh, its just not football anymore

Comment

ANZ Stadium will block plans by Allianz Stadium for a permanent roof

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226924665120

You canopy serious! ANZ Stadium will block plans by Allianz Stadium for a permanent roof

An artist’s impression of the upgraded Allianz Stadium. Source: Supplied

SYDNEY’S battle of the sports stadiums has hit the roof.
                      Homebush’s ANZ Stadium is gearing up to block plans by its cross-town rival Allianz Stadium to build a permanent roof on the Moore Park venue.

The Daily Telegraph has been told a contract between ANZ Stadium’s private operator and the NSW government prevents the 44,000-seat Allianz Stadium from *becoming a roofed venue or increasing its capacity before 2031.

#####

No worries, the misguided govt signed the contract, so the govt should just pay ANZ Stadium compensation, stop giving ANZ Stadium any grants if it's doing so now, ...and build a roof over Allianz Stadium.
                      Sydney venues in general at present are way below the comfort standard required for facilities for sports fans...the fans are getting "drowned" on rainy days.

Instead of ANZ Stadium blocking Allianz from building a roof, ANZ Stadium should be building a roof over its stadium.

Luckily I hadn't bought a ticket for Friday's Dogs V Roosters game.

I'll be boycotting ANZ from now on...never ever setting foot in ANZ Stadium again.
                      Never ever.

Comment

Man what a joke!

And Rugby League gets screwed again.

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post
                          Why have a permanent roof, a retractable one like at the Melbourne tennis centre would be more desireable but I suppose the way the current roof is higher and dips towards the end would make it impossible unless they demolish and rebuild.I also laugh, although the new stands at the SCG are quite nice they are exposed to all elements of the weather in the upper decks, a bit like at the SFS, you can be undercover and still get wet but at least there are some decent food options there now and some nice new bars, had a dozen oysters from Doyles and a glass of champers at the last Swans game, ahh, its just not football anymore
                          And we have Domino's and Oporto next door.

lol

The SFS is a disgrace how does the SCG and the AFL get great stadiums while we get stuck with old crap?

Comment

How the fark would that even be possible, legally???

In fact why would ANZ benefit from such a deal???

Surely it's just a Tellucrapp beat off???

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                              How the fark would that even be possible, legally???

In fact why would ANZ benefit from such a deal???

Surely it's just a Tellucrapp beat off???

Nah maate these is some bullshit agreement about no stadium being above 50,000 seats, I didn't know about roof though. ANZ obviously wants it so they can have a monopoly on big events.

What shits me is that the AFL gets top funding and gets to play and train in state of the art facilities and the NRL gets SFA.

GWS has had 3-4 facilities upgraded already and they have 5 fans. It's a fuucking joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X