English Super League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English Super League

So, I was wondering, does anyone follow it? Of course my passion lies in Australia but I have some interest in it. Does anyone else follow it?

Leeds Rhinos.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PREMIERS: 1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2012

Comment

That is necro-ing at it's best General..

What happened to Nick??..He just disappeared..

Comment

Yeah I know. Just doing some housekeeping and I came across this lonely unanswered thread. Don't know what happened to Nick????
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        PREMIERS: 1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Horrie Is God View Post
          That is necro-ing at it's best General..

What happened to Nick??..He just disappeared..
          Maybe the underworld got him?

Comment

At the risk of this question going unanswered for 3 years, can someone tell me where & when the ESL is shown on telly, CH9 were showing it late on a Monday night last year I think, but I think they pulled the pin?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Arty View Post
              At the risk of this question going unanswered for 3 years, can someone tell me where & when the ESL is shown on telly, CH9 were showing it late on a Monday night last year I think, but I think they pulled the pin?
              Last I heard the contract expired last year and as yet hadn't been picked up for 2012.
              They might still do it. Who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
                Last I heard the contract expired last year and as yet hadn't been picked up for 2012.
                They might still do it. Who knows.
                Thanks chook, I forgot to look back at this thread, still haven't come across where the ESL is being shown.

Comment

Thanks chook, I forgot to look back at this thread, still haven't come across where the ESL is being shown.
                  511 Eurosport.

Hull FC v Hull KR 1.45 am this morn. Replayed 7pm tonight.

Enjoy.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                    511 Eurosport.

Hull FC v Hull KR 1.45 am this morn. Replayed 7pm tonight.

Enjoy.

Thanks STSAE, I'll look at the replay, the 1.45 a.m. might be a bit of a stretch.

Comment

Thanks STSAE, I'll look at the replay, the 1.45 a.m. might be a bit of a stretch.
                      Considering it's already past, its a massive stretch mate.

Don't forget its 7pm tonight, sometimes these thingys get lost in translation, AM PM stuff, especially living on the border like I do. Even though day light savings ended, I'm still p-noid about it all.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Justin Poore has been sent off in his first match in the ESL, sounds like it was a fun game for the hardnuts:

Australian prop Justin Poore sent off in Boxing Day brawl on Wakefield debut against Leeds

News Limited Network
                        December 27, 2012 10:37AM

Poore

Horror debut ... Justin Poore is sent off in his first game for Wakefield. Source: Mark Evans / News Limited

Australian prop Justin Poore has been sent off on his Wakefield debut after a Boxing Day brawl with Super League champions Leeds.

Poore, a former Parramatta forward, was dismissed by referee Jamie Leahy after fighting with Leeds prop Ryan Bailey just 20 minutes into his first appearance on English soil in the festive friendly.

It was a nightmare debut for the 27-year-old, who had already conceded three penalties before being sent off, and he could miss the start of the Super League campaign in February if he is banned by the disciplinary committee.

There wasn't much Christmas spirit in evidence at Headingley as Bailey was sin-binned for his part in the fracas, along with teammate Mitch Achurch and Wakefield winger Ben Cockayne.

Leeds hooker Paul McShane, making his return from a loan spell with Widnes, became the fourth player to be shown a yellow card when he was sin-binned on 57 minutes for a high tackle.

Once the teams finally concentrated on their rugby league rather than trading blows, the star of the show was acting Leeds captain Danny McGuire, one of three members of the Rhinos' grand final-winning team.

Joe Vickery, a 23-year-old Australian on trial with Leeds, boosted his chances of securing a contract by scoring two well-taken tries in the first 22 minute
                        Anyone know what Joe Vickery's background is?

Comment

Joe Vickery

Comment

Originally posted by Horrie Is God View Post
                            Thanks HIG, I should have done that, just thought someone might have seen him play, he seems to have given up on the NRL at an early age?

Comment

Thanks HIG, I should have done that, just thought someone might have seen him play, he seems to have given up on the NRL at an early age?
                              He might have turned out like Jordan Tansey..Just not up to it at the highest level..

Comment

Working...
                              X