Timekeeping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timekeeping

After previous debacles regarding timekeeping during NRL games. One would think the NRL officials and the host broadcaster could get their act together. Yesterday's game finished 25 seconds early. I'm not sure who is to blame but in this day and age of professional sport, it's just not good enough. Let's hope this doesn't happen in a game that is close. Fingers crossed as we talking about the NRL!

Originally posted by liver1971 View Post
    After previous debacles regarding timekeeping during NRL games. One would think the NRL officials and the host broadcaster could get their act together. Yesterday's game finished 25 seconds early. I'm not sure who is to blame but in this day and age of professional sport, it's just not good enough. Let's hope this doesn't happen in a game that is close. Fingers crossed as we talking about the NRL!
    Yes I noticed that too. The hooter went off ahead of the TV broadcast time in the first half and also but not as much in the final...Not sure who was at fault

Comment

A random question that's been annoying me... Why has channel nine not been putting the home team's score on the left hand side of the screen? Am I going crazy or has it always been tradition to name the home team's score first and place them on the left hand side of the screen? I usually use it as a guide to know what stadium the game is being played at when I first turn on the Sunday Football.

Comment

Originally posted by 1049 View Post
        A random question that's been annoying me... Why has channel nine not been putting the home team's score on the left hand side of the screen? Am I going crazy or has it always been tradition to name the home team's score first and place them on the left hand side of the screen? I usually use it as a guide to know what stadium the game is being played at when I first turn on the Sunday Football.
        Yep it frustrates me if they are playing at ANZ and it's the fleabags v vermin and if I'm not up to speed on whos the home team then I rely on the graphics for that info...but nooo. Nine want to be funky and follow perhaps America's trend and place the tams name on whichever side that team is playing from and then they change at half time. Some dik came up with that. Hopefully they'll change in the 2015.

Comment

It isn't necessarily so that the game "finished early" but, rather, perhaps the TV coverage was late ... I noticed at halftime that the TV timeclock was 20 seconds late, then, too.

Comment

The television broadcasts are not the official time so I believe that perhaps their time keeping did not account for time off somewhere in the match rather than the timekeepers having an error in their duties.

I did have flashbacks to the old St George fan "the phantom siren"

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Verlaine's Ghost View Post
              It isn't necessarily so that the game "finished early" but, rather, perhaps the TV coverage was late ... I noticed at halftime that the TV timeclock was 20 seconds late, then, too.
              I'm fully aware the broadcasters aren't the official timekeeper, but it raises questions which won't be answered I'm sure, who is to really know who incorrectly called full time? . If it was a grandfinal and we were down by 2 in the apponents quarter and the same thing happens lets see how the fans are going to react. Why the hell can't the NRL and channel 9 have one clock?

Comment

I'm fully aware the broadcasters aren't the official timekeeper, but it raises questions which won't be answered I'm sure, who is to really know who incorrectly called full time? . If it was a grandfinal and we were down by 2 in the apponents quarter and the same thing happens lets see how the fans are going to react. Why the hell can't the NRL and channel 9 have one clock?
                What makes you think fulltime was called incorrectly?

All that happened was that the channel 9 clock was 30 seconds behind the official clock.

Comment

Working...
                X