X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome To The New Chookpen

Hi all,

Welcome to the brand new Chookpen homepage. We are trying to take the website and the community to a new level that meets modern day technology by allowing Sydney Roosters fans to engage with each other across multiple platforms. This is the step forward for us - this website is nothing without you as the community.

I never expected it to grow this big when I first started the site with Mario almost 4 years ago now.

First of all, if you visit the new homepage, you'll see we're giving away a rather significant prize.

Win an Xbox 360 with Rugby League Live

In a show of good faith (as we are well aware how annoying the advertisements are), we are giving away an Xbox 360 with Rugby League Live. We want you to tell us in 35 words or less why you are the Sydney Roosters biggest supporter.

Naturally there are some rules and criteria that must be met - firstly, you must be a registered user of this forum, secondly, you must have made atleast 35 posts to be eligible. Only one entry per person - we will be checking multiple accounts with the same IP to validate our entries.

Sign In to TheChookpen with your Facebook Account

Earlier this week we enabled the ability for our users to connect their profiles with their Facebook account and setup a Facebook application that will allow people to browse the forum from their Facebook account. In addition to this - the Facebook Application will notify you of new posts to threads you've subscribed to, as well as list the most popular threads that are currently trending.

Brand New Premium Mobile Theme

For those of you who have checked TheChookpen on your phone, you may have noticed it now has a brand new default theme. This theme is an official vBulletin theme and should be infinitely better than the previous themes we've had on here.

Mobile Phone Applications

By season launch in less than two weeks we hope to have our Mobile Phone Applications developed for both Android & iPhone users. These will be applications that you download from either the App Store or Android Market. It is likely that the cost of these applications will be free, although that is not yet confirmed.

We'd like the applications to be easily and freely accessible. The Android Application is currently under review and we expect it to be ready in the coming week. The iPhone Application we are hoping to have ready to go by seasons launch on the 1st of March.

Update: Android Application is available for download on the Android Market, or by clicking here - https://market.android.com/details?id=com.vbulletin.build_1903

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We hope you continue to enjoy the site and as always welcome any feedback or criticism that you may have.

Thanks,

Chookpen Staff

What about the steak knives???

Comment

Haha.. sorry, no steak knives

Comment

I reckon SA Rooster should win the xbox as long as he can get to 35 posts in time. Otherwise, Beguurk or Jason 08 :;

Comment

Great work Chris the site looks awsome.. What about seeing if the club will throw in something?? I don't need steak knives or a circle abb pro.

Comment

Originally posted by rob1crap View Post
            Great work Chris the site looks awsome.. What about seeing if the club will throw in something?? I don't need steak knives or a circle abb pro.
            I'd want a circle jerk for all this aggro.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              I'd want a circle jerk for all this aggro.
              I no longer ride postie bikes..

Comment

I have tried out the Android app.......It's the Pants !!!!

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
                To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
                At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
                Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
                The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

Originally posted by supermario View Post
                  I have tried out the Android app.......It's the Pants !!!!
                  Does it come in purple?

Comment

great job chris! i remember discussing this new forum sitting in the chookpen 4 years back, always going to support something with mario onboard! long may it prosper!

Comment

Great job and looking slick.

I think the steak knives are reserved for Braith and Brian if they do not perform this year.

Your effort is appreciated.

Comment

When will the iPhone app come out mate

Comment

Originally posted by rooster8888 View Post
                          When will the iPhone app come out mate
                          Hopefully before season launch on March 1.

Comment

Thank you Chris and Mario for all your time and effort in making this great site available to all fellow Rooster tragics.
                            "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
                              Thank you Chris and Mario for all your time and effort in making this great site available to all fellow Rooster tragics.
                              Ditto!

Comment

Working...
                              X