Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Routing Problems

Hello Chris,

I have been having problems with the site since the beginning of the season. When experiencing problems I receive "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT" from Chrome. Since the Chookpen is a site I regularly visit, this was irritating, but I put it down to the site migration.Unfortunately I am still having problems. As are others on the site, ROC181 for instance. For me the site is accessible via phones, using 3G/4G etc.

My primary interest is my cable service from Optus.I have both wired and WiFi systems, both connectivity methods exhibit the same problem with the Chookpen.

I have no other network connectivity issues at all with the Optus service, I use my cable service from Optus for telephony, SVOD streaming services, and loads of general surfing. The family lives on it and we are dependent on it.

I am lucky enough to have access to the following at home;
    • OptusNet Cable (Cable)
    • Telstra 4G WiFi hotspot (Hotspot)
    • 4G Optus Phone (Optus Phone)
    • 4G Telstra Phone (Telstra Phone)
    All networks resolve the "www.thechookpen.com.au" DNS entry successfully to;
    Code:
    When simple network pings work to the server, so far I haven't seen any problems.
    Obviously when simple pings don't work - there is a connectivity problem.

To assist I have done some trace routes to work out whats going on. Here are links to pics.
    From Cable
    From Hotspot

I have performed similar trace routes on my Optus and Telstra phones, I get similar results to the Hotspot trace route's in that the traffic traverses the carriers edge, enters the Vocus network, then hits the server at Servers Australia.
    I can post non image trace routes if it helps. And no - a reboot of my Optus Cable router does not help

To me - this looks like a routing problem with the server or the hosting provider. Let me know if I can help in any way.

On 20/07
    Cable - Working
    Hotspot - Unknown
    Optus Phone - Unknown
    Telstra Phone - Unknown

On 21/07
    Cable - Not Working
    Hotspot - Working
    Optus Phone - Working
    Telstra Phone - Working
    Last edited by Flipper Hands; 07-21-2015, 11:30 PM.
    Originally posted by ism22;n764344
    I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Did you get it sorted mate

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterchick90 View Post
      Did you get it sorted mate

Wrong alias mate.
      Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

No actually. Was commenting on anything i could to get past 25 posts thinking i can change profile pic. Didnt happen hahaha

Comment

Some troll i think called eddie said i needed 25 posts to access my profile changes. Was a bloody lie

Comment

Some troll i think called eddie said i needed 25 posts to access my profile changes. Was a bloody lie
            You might have to wait a day or 2, I think it is either 25 or 30 but you may also need to wait a few days for the mods to do something, I have no friggin idea but if you hang around long enough and not get banned lol you should be sweet.

Comment

All good cheers.

Comment

So, I had to live under a bridge for a few days.............don't make me a troll.

Comment

I supose you cant be a very good troll.. your not banned
                  Last edited by Roosterchick90; 04-19-2016, 01:29 AM.

Comment

All good sorted now thanks guys. Just need to stuff around with it on the computer. This site sux to navigate on a phone i got a zoomed up picture haha

Comment

It should have been 25 posts. I'll need to double check, it's an anti-spam measure.

Comment

Yeah it worked eventually cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X