Football/soccer World Cup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football/soccer World Cup

Have a little interest in Sydney FC & keep an eye on the EPL mainly Tottenham Hot Spurs but I am only a novice of the game.
    I have watched both the Aussie games but no other games. Ive got more interest in what the Pommie hooligan supporters are up to.
    A few things that got my interest was the magnificent stadiums that Australia has played there games in the nice sunny days in Russia & Australia being 1 world class striker short (someone like Harry Kane) of being able to beat teams like France & Denmark.
    Its the world game & a massive global sport but it is floored because of the culture of diving.
    Anyway Ive got no idea who will win it but I can tell you Australia wont win it.
    "Originally posted by Elvis Rooster"
    So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
    ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
    I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;

the diving is something that puts me right off, i never went down in a rugby or league game unless i was genuinely hurt or needed stitches or staples to continue! never went down to gain a penalty or advantage, something the current roosters teal strongly adheres too, yesterday i watched that big lump from Cronulla go down to slow the game for his team in defense, i thought both teams were supposed to be warriors? shows how much of a sooky babe warrior fifita is!

Comment

The professional soccer players are very fit and skilful but are Nancyboy fairies in toughness compared to the average NRL player but park soccer players are way tougher, says Roostafarian....

But I enjoy the spectacle and skill of the World Cup Finals.

My smokey bet is Belgium but I would like to see Uraguay win it......
      Originally posted by tigerstragic1994
      It looked like a light hearted cheap shot, but as a 10+ year Roosters member who attends home games regularly it does make the blood boil

Comment

Watched a replay of a round 16 match between South Korea vs Italy from 2002 on SBS today - an Italian player was booked for diving in the penalty area after very minimal contact with a South Korean player - Guus Hiddink was the South Korean coach - the South Korean players for making the semi finals that world cup each received 150k USD and a Car.

England's best chance of winning since 1986 when the hand of god (Maradona's handball) robbed them.

Australia will really struggle to get out of their group and make it deep into world cups unless they can generate scoring opportunities regularly and capitalise on them too - Mark Viduka was a top striker in the UK top league but could hardly score a goal for Australia- this world cup the only goals were from penalties - need to really improve and have as many players possible play in the bigger leagues as this is the only way they will improve as the A-league wont produce the necessary players and skills to compete with the rest of the world - The A-League is at best a 3rd division league comp one has to say.

Last edited by King Salvo; 07-01-2018, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Anyone but England please.
          Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Originally posted by Parkway_Drive View Post
            Anyone but England please.
            Would love to see England win as after all they invented most of the sports played world wide for many many years including Soccer the theme of this forum - American football is a copy of Union/Baseball is a copy of rounders/AFL a copy of Gaelic footy - No England /Britain no sport one has to say.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Would love to see England win as after all they invented most of the sports played world wide for many many years including Soccer the theme of this forum - American football is a copy of Union/Baseball is a copy of rounders/AFL a copy of Gaelic footy - No England /Britain no sport one has to say.
              Well with Brazil knocked out they are probably the favourites to win it now.

They invented the game and Brazil perfected the game they used to say. Actually pleased the Selecao got knocked out as Neyman had a way of infuriating me.

I am thinking that England will face up against Belgium (which was my pre tournament tip) or the French in the final.

Though in saying that Sweden will be tricky and have a good recent record against the Poms.

Its exciting as all of the teams in it apart from England or France have not won the tournament before.

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

England were in second gear against the Ikea Flat Packs - now to see whom they play in the semi final - Russia or Croatia - Be an interesting semi-final if England play Russia though with the political Mexican standoff between the two countries. General Secretary Putin will be demanding a victory for sure against England if they advance or its Siberian workcamps/salt mines for the team and coaches etc .

France vs Belgium should be a cracking matchup for sure

Comment

England are going home....

Cracker game, well done Croatia.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

But the Romans had circuses with Christians getting munched by lions and gladiators killing one another.

The Indigenous Americans had human sacrifices and Lacrosse.

The Greeks had athletics and other disciplines and the round ball game was being played around the world sometimes with heads probably but at least the Poms put in some rules.
                    Originally posted by tigerstragic1994
                    It looked like a light hearted cheap shot, but as a 10+ year Roosters member who attends home games regularly it does make the blood boil

Comment

Working...
                    X