No announcement yet.

Aussie cricket test tour of India

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet India bested us here. Our wickets are different to theirs yet they handle ours just fine.

If it's the wicket then no matter who is at 6, they will struggle. We put faith in our top batsmen to perform well on any surface no matter where. They need to do better.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
      Yet India bested us here. Our wickets are different to theirs yet they handle ours just fine.

If it's the wicket then no matter who is at 6, they will struggle. We put faith in our top batsmen to perform well on any surface no matter where. They need to do better.
      Apart from Virat Kohli, who may be the greatest all round batsman of the current generation and possibly VVS Laxman to a lessor degree no Indian has really mastered our wickets apart from the great Gavasker and Tendulkar at times.

No Indian team has won a test series in Australia, however Australia has won in India (not often but as recently as Steve Waughs great team a little over a decade ago.

It is the wicket but I should preface by saying both sides had to bat on it. Maybe we may still lose but at least pick the best 6 batsman for the top 6 and not pick a part time 20/20 all rounder like Mitch Marsh as no 6. Christ I am not a fan of the all Rounder batting at 6 unless he can in the team in his own right. But perhaps Maxwell as he is a talent on his day with the bat. I am sure Khawaja deserves a shot even allowing for his dismal form in Sri Lanka last year. Both options are better than Mitch Marsh and Starcy is a de facto all rounder at 8.

Enjoying this cricket discussion.
      Last edited by 4 the all in brawl; 03-10-2017, 11:27 AM.
      Originally posted by Elvis Rooster
      Hahaha Fatty Mcnugget got banned. Geez i will really miss his intellectual insights. Bye bye Fatty

Comment

Maybe I didn't write that too well. India has won matches in AUS since 2004/5 but since then, we have only won one game there. That game being the first test of the current series.

I agree tho that it's the same pitch for both sides. We should simply be better than just the 112 we scored in the second innings of the second test. I think we became a bit too complacent.

Comment

We have a 5 man top order and middle order. We have made some pretty low scores at times in the past 5 or so years including the debacle in England a few years ago. 20/20 cricket has contributed to the lack of fight in most batsmen. Young Renshaw is like a throwback to the days of old, I like him.
          Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Australia won toss and are batting in the 4th Test which will decide who gets the Border - Gavaskar Trophy. Carrn the Aussies though Renshaw has been dismissed. Aus 1/21 at 5 over mark.
            Hahaha Fatty Mcnugget got banned. Geez i will really miss his intellectual insights. Bye bye Fatty

Comment

I really enjoyed that series even though the Aussies lost. It was exciting.
              "Originally posted by Elwass dumb carnt Rooster"
              So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
              ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
              I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;
              Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha

Comment

I agree Mickey it was a great series.
                Hope the Ashes next Summer is also exciting but the Aussies win back the old urn.
                Cannot wait also see the Indians go down under, but with the amount of support they will get from the Indian expats in the crowd it will be almost like a home series for them apart from the pitches.
                I don't understand why Kohli says he has no friends in Australia as they will get a lot of support here.

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post
                  I agree Mickey it was a great series.
                  Hope the Ashes next Summer is also exciting but the Aussies win back the old urn.
                  Cannot wait also see the Indians go down under, but with the amount of support they will get from the Indian expats in the crowd it will be almost like a home series for them apart from the pitches.
                  I don't understand why Kohli says he has no friends in Australia as they will get a lot of support here.
                  Cant stand him.
                  "Originally posted by Elwass dumb carnt Rooster"
                  So while most of us were getting excited about the start of the season our resident Junkie Jim the Jailbird, the guy who would like to break into your house and steal your tv and toaster, Mickey Lane is at it again. Here is his latest beauty.
                  ​"Do you want white or wholemeal toast?"
                  I tell you guys this is one sick son of a bitch;
                  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha

Comment

Great player but a piss stain of a human being.

Comment

Working...
                    X