Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie cricket test tour of India

Can the Aussies win the test series?
    I would love to see them beat India over there.

If you are batting & there is 20 minutes to go before the tea break & you feel you need to have a crap would you retire sick or stay out in the middle & hold your cheeks tightly together batting on hoping you dont soil your whites?

I would retire sikh.
    Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

stick your fingers down your throat chuck on the wicket then retire for a bit?

Comment

I subscribe to the AB way of playing cricket. You crap your pants. Just like Mike Gatting did before facing the West Indies quicks in 1985 lol.
        Originally posted by The Axe View Post
        Very easy to understand Zac so I'll spell it out. Bondi Boy wants Menzies to reincarnate and run the labour party.
        Meanwhile ISM is out looking for Harold Holt and a dingo with a snorkel an digging holes in Griffith wearing an Al Grassby tie

Comment

The Aussie spinners are killing it especially O'Keefe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
            The Aussie spinners are killing it especially O'Keefe.
            Best match figures by an visiting spinner in a test in India I believe.
            Very easy to understand Zac so I'll spell it out. Bondi Boy wants Menzies to reincarnate and run the labour party.
            Meanwhile ISM is out looking for Harold Holt and a dingo with a snorkel an digging holes in Griffith wearing an Al Grassby tie

Comment

ill bet the indians have now looked at every ball O'Keeffe bowled and stroke smith made to find strategies to beat them next test?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                ill bet the indians have now looked at every ball O'Keeffe bowled and stroke smith made to find strategies to beat them next test?
                I bet the groundsman for the next test prepare the pitch differently too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                  I bet the groundsman for the next test prepare the pitch differently too.

Bangalore has always been one of the least spin-friendly wickets in India. The danger for them is that they now go too far the other way and bring Starc and Hazelwood into their own.

Their mistake was not making a wicket that turned, but making a wicket that turned too much. Our batsmans tactic of playing the line, reducing the effectiveness of the straighter ball variation worked a treat because the one that spun went too far. While Ashwin and Jadeja consistently beat the bat by a long way, SOK & Lyon, who are less prodigious spinners of the ball, tended to find the edge.

Loved seeing all the Indian pundits, like Harbijan (sp?), who boldly predicted a 4-0 whitewash, and called us 'the weakest Australian side to tour India' scrambling for excuses afterwards.

Comment

How good were the Aussies again or should I say NICE GARRY.

Comment

After a memorable day one.
                      The home fired up and went the verbal and everything.successful Australian teams in the not so distant past and outplayed us to win the second test.

It is going to take a mammoth effort to salvage the series now as the Indians have their confidence back. The first thing I would do is show Mitch Marsh the door..

We need a number 6 that can bat.

Comment

That result was totally unacceptable for any Aussie cricket fan. For Australia to lose that in the fashion they did can only point to one of two things. Either massive changes need to be made as the Aussie team has no heart or the fix is back on in world cricket.
                        Build the wall. Keep the Drug Lords out!

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
                          That result was totally unacceptable for any Aussie cricket fan. For Australia to lose that in the fashion they did can only point to one of two things. Either massive changes need to be made as the Aussie team has no heart or the fix is back on in world cricket.
                          I dont think the game was fixed because I dont believe Australia would do that.
                          The Indians came out in the 2nd innings & battered better & then niggled Australia out of the game.

Comment

i hope you are right but to go for 112 (I think) after the dominance of the first test and the first innings of the second, something doesn't stack up.
                            Build the wall. Keep the Drug Lords out!

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
                              i hope you are right but to go for 112 (I think) after the dominance of the first test and the first innings of the second, something doesn't stack up.
                              I believe no fix mate. That wicket was pretty hard to bat on and when balls start mollygrubbing along the pitch surface such as the delivery that trapped Smith. The rest of the batters second guessed themselves and the Indians ran through the team.

Anyway with Mitchell Marsh gone hopefully our no 6 can contribute, if a few of our underperformers made a few more runs in the second test perhaps we could have got away with it.

Batting on the SC is very different to batting in Australia, or UK for that matter. In fact the wickets most similar to our ones are the South African wickets which explains why we do well there.

Comment

Working...
                              X