Rugby League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rugby League

Surprised there is no league thread in this section.
    The main page seems to be all about nrl.

Look what they've done to our game, Ma..............
    Look what they've done to our game.

Comment

Lol took me a while to figure it out.

I mourn for a good old fashioned game of rugby league. I remember the good old 80s games.

Too young to remember much of the 70s but they were hard a tough and even in the 80s remember the traditional 'softening up'period. Even the 90s brought some fantastic matches. I watched a replay of the 2000 PF between the Roosters and Knights and that game imo is light years ahead of the current game as a spectacle.
      Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Yep, Rugby league was a great game.
        Primarily it was a battle for possession and field position.
        Tough game that needed players of vastly different skill sets and it catered for all sizes and shapes.
        It was 13 against 13 , and endurance was important.
        The scrum was a contest.
        Players with footballing skills were more important than "athletes"
        There was a person in charge of the game called a referee.His job was to apply the rules of the game to BOTH teams, regardless of the current score.
        I miss that game.

Comment

spot on eddie they really have stolen our game, initially murdochs newscorp decided they could turn it i9nto a televised product and control the results. that occurs now its just a product televised for murdochs foxtel and of course thgose withhalf a brain know thge results are manufactured, suits the betting agencies big time its a no lose to them and the flow on profits go the top of the nrl. pyramid selling at itsa best?

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
            suits the betting agencies big time
            Damn straight SJ.
            We cop all the nrls phoney moralising, and they jump into bed with those bastards.
            It's even worse hypocrisy than Mchappy day, yet most people don't see through it.

Mind you, rugby leagues biggest problem has always been marketing.
            Rupert knows a sucker when he buys one.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

Damn straight SJ.
              We cop all the nrls phoney moralising, and they jump into bed with those bastards.
              It's even worse hypocrisy than Mchappy day, yet most people don't see through it.

Mind you, rugby leagues biggest problem has always been marketing.
              Rupert knows a sucker when he buys one.
              ​Right dead right man.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad-Elvis-in-Hong Kong View Post

​Right dead right man.
                Rugby league is as dead as Christopher Hitchens, but The Roosters are still going.

That's the only reason I still follow this nrl crap.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
                  Yep, Rugby league was a great game.
                  Primarily it was a battle for possession and field position.
                  Tough game that needed players of vastly different skill sets and it catered for all sizes and shapes.
                  It was 13 against 13 , and endurance was important.
                  The scrum was a contest.
                  Players with footballing skills were more important than "athletes"
                  There was a person in charge of the game called a referee.His job was to apply the rules of the game to BOTH teams, regardless of the current score.
                  I miss that game.
                  Someone with the 'skills'of Tupou wouldn't have progressed above C grade back then man!
                  Originally posted by King Salvo 'Tedesco and Woods will be more than likely Dogs signings but both will give Tigers last shot - we are not in the race anymore'

Comment

I'm very defensive of the giraffe man...
                    Trent should consider letting Rip Taylor work on his "skills" for a little while.

But league caters for all shapes and sizes, the nrl wants to cater for drones.

And when the wolves are coming, Tupou could help stop them drinking our beer.

Comment

Working...
                    X