X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paddo Colt 61
    replied
    [QUOTE=redwhiteblue;
    I knew he couldn't do it. He caved less than 48 hours after my challenge by using the quote function in the main section. Retired age 75 year old grandfather/school teacher/lawyer? I've noticed his vernacular slipping and changing in some posts too..No discipline at all.

But...but...dear lady...I thought we were as ships in the night. I feel like I'm the one being stalked now. Here I was hiding out on Off Topic and merely adding to Andy's sage post on Dutton when whammo!...the old posse has arrived taunting and raving in the same way that made my life a misery on the Roosters forum. Worst of all, my cover is blown - La Belle Dame Sans Merci is how I will think of you from now on.

Leave a comment:

• zac
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
    Agree Zac , we just need to keep them on a short leash, .Your right about the long game , look at the great Wall , they are patient buggers
    who knows what's the best way to handle them but they can be useful to us. they kept us out of recession in the gfc. listening to some of the winegrowers now they'd like for china to reduce the tariffs.

no harm in forming alliances to show we can't be pushed around - this was good to see

Leave a comment:

• Rooster1908
    replied
    Agree Zac , we just need to keep them on a short leash, .Your right about the long game , look at the great Wall , they are patient buggers

Leave a comment:

• zac
    replied
    i think we've always got to be suspicious of china, aware that they're playing a long term strategic game, but i'd still trade with them. them and the u.s. are the two big powers in the region and of the two they're guaranteed to be here long term.

no harm in finding other people to trade with but if you put china in the sin bin for a long time then that's a lot of deals you've got to find elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Rooster1908
    replied
    Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

I knew he couldn't do it. He caved less than 48 hours after my challenge by using the quote function in the main section. Retired age 75 year old grandfather/school teacher/lawyer? I've noticed his vernacular slipping and changing in some posts too..No discipline at all..
    One would have thought if he was 75 he would have more sense . Then again could be he is just loosing it and is off with the fairies

Leave a comment:

• redwhiteblue
    replied
    . It's like fishing , he's so dam easy to reel in .Always bites
    I knew he couldn't do it. He caved less than 48 hours after my challenge by using the quote function in the main section. Retired age 75 year old grandfather/school teacher/lawyer? I've noticed his vernacular slipping and changing in some posts too..No discipline at all..

Leave a comment:

• Rooster1908
    replied
    Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

So how did my challenge to PC work out this week Rooster1908?
    . It's like fishing , he's so dam easy to reel in .Always bites

Leave a comment:

• redwhiteblue
    replied

I actually don't have a political party . I vote for whoever I think at the time may have mine , my families and my countries best interest at heart . Really don't suspect that's the greens as they cant accomplish anything anyhow so for the moment we are stuck with the best of a bad bunch , and yes I do mean Labor is the bad bunch at the moment . I am somewhat of a green but I suspect as I am anti pollution , anti plastic , pro trees and environment but we also need parties that are pro jobs , pro economy and pro Australia and from what I see that's not the greens.and it certainly isn't china . Also I am not a China basha so please leave that out . I just can see what happening as can most.
    Ps I also know where Nasi Goreng comes from , just enjoy having a crack at you
    So how did my challenge to PC work out this week Rooster1908?

Leave a comment:

• Rooster1908
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
    Most of the carriages on that train have already left the station '08 courtesy of those neocon mates for whom you vote (and also to some elements in the ALP it has to be said). Other of your criticisms, especially of China, lack a wider perspective - Australia has invoked a long list of anti dumping measures that we don't hear about above the tub thumping of the right wing media and there is "other side of the story" aplenty on the Net. See, for example, "Pearls and Irritations" where former Australian diplomats, highly ranked public servants and academics provide far more objective and reliable information than you'd find on our MSM which should be the last place you'd look for objectivity.
    From what you list, and notwithstanding the China phobic mention of land buying, I would think that the Greens best represent your political outlook as they do mine. Foreign ownership of land in this country is overwhelmingly British followed by US corporates, China's is miniscule by comparison. Trump's and Pompeo's US has sooled us on China while they themselves have pressured them into a $200B trade balance deal and our big mouths have given the Chinese an excuse to add our exports to that US deal - if the US was to gain someone had to lose. Past experience has shown that there are no other comparable markets and to think otherwise is wishful, that's why we're seeing the frantic back peddling with more to come. We had it and we might have blown it or our "better money managers" might have.
    By the way, "Nasi Goreng" is Indonesian.
    I actually don't have a political party . I vote for whoever I think at the time may have mine , my families and my countries best interest at heart . Really don't suspect that's the greens as they cant accomplish anything anyhow so for the moment we are stuck with the best of a bad bunch , and yes I do mean Labor is the bad bunch at the moment . I am somewhat of a green but I suspect as I am anti pollution , anti plastic , pro trees and environment but we also need parties that are pro jobs , pro economy and pro Australia and from what I see that's not the greens.and it certainly isn't china . Also I am not a China basha so please leave that out . I just can see what happening as can most.
    Ps I also know where Nasi Goreng comes from , just enjoy having a crack at you
    Last edited by Rooster1908; 12-03-2020, 04:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Paddo Colt 61
    replied
    Most of the carriages on that train have already left the station '08 courtesy of those neocon mates for whom you vote (and also to some elements in the ALP it has to be said). Other of your criticisms, especially of China, lack a wider perspective - Australia has invoked a long list of anti dumping measures that we don't hear about above the tub thumping of the right wing media and there is "other side of the story" aplenty on the Net. See, for example, "Pearls and Irritations" where former Australian diplomats, highly ranked public servants and academics provide far more objective and reliable information than you'd find on our MSM which should be the last place you'd look for objectivity.
    From what you list, and notwithstanding the China phobic mention of land buying, I would think that the Greens best represent your political outlook as they do mine. Foreign ownership of land in this country is overwhelmingly British followed by US corporates, China's is miniscule by comparison. Trump's and Pompeo's US has sooled us on China while they themselves have pressured them into a $200B trade balance deal and our big mouths have given the Chinese an excuse to add our exports to that US deal - if the US was to gain someone had to lose. Past experience has shown that there are no other comparable markets and to think otherwise is wishful, that's why we're seeing the frantic back peddling with more to come. We had it and we might have blown it or our "better money managers" might have.
    By the way, "Nasi Goreng" is Indonesian.

Leave a comment:

• Rooster1908
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
    No surprise that you believe that '08. Being from the regions you qualify eminently as one of the "sheeple". Please offer more detailed, reasoned and constructive comments on this forum. As I thought, yours and others' gripes elsewhere were nothing to do with preserving footy comment, they were political in themselves. In which of the Tory categories that I have mentioned above, do you fall?
    I fall into the category of no one who hasn't been a Australian citizen for at least 10 years should be able to own Australian land . All monies earned from said land or business should stay in Australia . You earn is oz you pay tax in Oz . No country should try to hold us to ransom by applying ridiculous 200% tariffs to our good. No country should dictate policy to us . We should not put all our eggs in one basket and we should tell your comrade mates to rack off . We should have short term pain and long term gain and find multiple countries to sell to . We should take back our pride and make sure we never bow to any country again . This is what I stand for . Not what our politicians both Liberal and Labor have been doing by selling us out but it has now come time to stop selling our selves short . We must decide that we wont just purchase crap made overseas because its cheaper and we must start making it here . We shouldn't be getting buses and trains, subs and ships , white goods and the like made overseas when we have the capacity to do it here. That's what i stand for , for Australia . If that's what being a sheeple is then yes that's me . What about you nasi goreng

Leave a comment:

• Paddo Colt 61
    replied
    No surprise that you believe that '08. Being from the regions you qualify eminently as one of the "sheeple". Please offer more detailed, reasoned and constructive comments on this forum. As I thought, yours and others' gripes elsewhere were nothing to do with preserving footy comment, they were political in themselves. In which of the Tory categories that I have mentioned above, do you fall?

Leave a comment:

• Paddo Colt 61
    replied
    Conservatism in Australia is a strange beast. Prior to 1910 there were just 2 political parties vying for government - Free Trade and Protection. The former, popular in NSW, were committed to no regulation of wages, conditions or otherwise. The latter favoured the protection of infant industries but were not big on workers' rights either. In 1910 Labor won government after being formed just 10 years earlier and that caused the other two to coalesce . Even today they are not Conservative in the true sense - they have no coherent Conservative philosophy as do the Republicans, they are simply anti Labor and their main object is to preserve privilege by keeping Labor out of government.
    Their "true" base includes the professions, very high salaried Corporate folk and those who live off investments (most people have NFI as to the wealth of these people nor do they understand that the bulk of wealth in Australia is inherited) and that group comprises about 15% of the population top. Fear, propagated by the MSM, gets them electoral success time and time again. Of course they also assiduously cultivate support from the religious, the right wing nut jobs, all things military, bigots, that section of the working class too dumb or lazy to think about their own economic interests or still, even in adulthood, influenced by mum and dad - "Mum hated Whitlam" and, even though no coherent reason is forthcoming, reason does not penetrate. We have a legion of those on this site.

Leave a comment:

• Rooster1908
    replied
    [QUOTE=Paddo Colt 61;n860161][QUOTE=Andrew Walker; Nothing more than cheap political point scoring I cant believe how many so called intelligent people fall into this. Now if a Liberal govt did the same thing he'd either applaud it or say nothing I noticed scummo backed the Liberal premier in his bungled lock down in SA. Yet mercilessly bagged Andrews.

Spot on Andy and that's why we have a bullshit democracy here. Citizens are supposed to be objectively informed about issues rather than having biased party political opinions amplified by a near monopoly media. Look at the positive coverage that our Glad has been given and imagine how it might have been had she been a progressive. Likewise the China madness - the Libs have single handedly stuffed that on behalf of the religious right wing nutters in their party (mind you the ALP has a few of them too) and on Murdoch's behalf - the Chinese wouldn't allow Sky into their country and now we get all of this bleating about their human rights "problems" - berating them about the treatment of their minorities while being the only country (apart from the Marshall Islands) to back the US support of Israel's persecution of the Palestinians.
    China saved our bacon in the GFC but these tory wingnuts and our "security" agencies want to find alternative markets - good luck with that!

[/QUOTE]

Thankyou nasi goreng . You would have to be one of the few that still thinks China is not trying to screw us and the rest of the world up our ass

Leave a comment:

• Paddo Colt 61
    replied
    [QUOTE=Andrew Walker; Nothing more than cheap political point scoring I cant believe how many so called intelligent people fall into this. Now if a Liberal govt did the same thing he'd either applaud it or say nothing I noticed scummo backed the Liberal premier in his bungled lock down in SA. Yet mercilessly bagged Andrews.

Spot on Andy and that's why we have a bullshit democracy here. Citizens are supposed to be objectively informed about issues rather than having biased party political opinions amplified by a near monopoly media. Look at the positive coverage that our Glad has been given and imagine how it might have been had she been a progressive. Likewise the China madness - the Libs have single handedly stuffed that on behalf of the religious right wing nutters in their party (mind you the ALP has a few of them too) and on Murdoch's behalf - the Chinese wouldn't allow Sky into their country and now we get all of this bleating about their human rights "problems" - berating them about the treatment of their minorities while being the only country (apart from the Marshall Islands) to back the US support of Israel's persecution of the Palestinians.
    China saved our bacon in the GFC but these tory wingnuts and our "security" agencies want to find alternative markets - good luck with that!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X