Patriotism/Monarchy/Immigration/Race/Nationalism/Climate Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriotism/Monarchy/Immigration/Race/Nationalism/Climate Change

Somewhere in time, soon...or maybe now, Australian citizens are going to have to decide exactly where they stand on all of the above topics.
    Every day, without fail, no matter where I turn, what newspaper I read, when I log onto my computer, I am being 'forced' to form an opinion about such things....or ignore it all and live in a world and society others determine for me [which is a lifestyle...only about 50% of Americans ever vote.]

* Allegiance to Australia...or somewhere else.
    * Constitutional Monarchy...or a republic.
    * How many immigrants allowed in, "big Australia" or "not so big Australia".
    * "We are one, but we are many, and from all the lands on earth we come. We'll share a dream, and sing with one voice...I am, you are, we are Australian"...or something else.
    *"Identification with one's own nation and support for its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations."...or something else
    *"Only electric cars will allowed to be sold." etc or something else.
    Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-15-2020, 12:15 PM.

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
    Somewhere in time, soon...or maybe now, Australian citizens are going to have to decide exactly where they stand on all of the above topics.
    Every day, without fail, no matter where I turn, what newspaper I read, when I log onto my computer, I am being 'forced' to form an opinion about such things....or ignore it all and live in a world and society others determine for me [which is a lifestyle...only about 50% of Americans ever vote.]

* "We are one, but we are many, and from all the lands on earth we come. We'll share a dream, and sing with one voice...I am, you are, we are Australian"...or something else.
    *"Identification with one's own nation and support for its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations."...or something else
    *"Only electric cars will allowed to be sold." ete or something else.
    You forgot one important topic Bondi Boy.

*Whether you are the former poster known as Old Man Rooster or not?....
    Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
    What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post

You forgot one important topic Bondi Boy.

*Whether you are the former poster known as Old Man Rooster or not?....
      Answer;
      Definitely not.
      Don't do caps, for one thing.
      And, try as he may, he couldn't be bondi dot boy.

Poor man, something obviously went wrong in his head. Poor victims, the abuse was bad.
      Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-15-2020, 12:09 PM.

Comment

*"Only electric cars will allowed to be sold." etc or something else.
        - allegiance to Australia
        - republic
        - immigration levels are tricky to get right so don't have a definite view. the covid-caused economic downturn will be a factor
        - yeah, I think we are one but we are many. there are different ways of being an aussie
        - yeah, nothing wrong with aussies supporting Australia. happy for other nations to do well too
        - it would be good to reduce carbon emissions. how you do that fairly and effectively i'm not sure

Comment

Fan of the Seekers
          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
            Fan of the Seekers
            Me too.
            I used to write love letters.
            Not having a university degree in Russian Literature, English Literature, or any other literature, I was young and struggling.
            So I used the words from songs of the Seekers.

Comment

Me too.
              I used to write love letters.
              Not having a university degree in Russian Literature, English Literature, or any other literature, I was young and struggling.
              So I used the words from songs of the Seekers.
              What job did you have in your working years?
              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

What job did you have in your working years?
                Office work.

Comment

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/corona...&OCID=AVRES000

Greta Thunberg defends place on expert COVID-19 panel after widespread ridicule

Greta Thunberg has defended her appearance on an expert panel at a coronavirus event, saying she's not a COVID-19 expert and has never claimed to be one.

CNN, the US television network hosting the Coronavirus Facts and Fears town hall event on Thursday night (local time), has suffered a major backlash after adding the climate activist to the line-up of coronavirus experts.

Thunberg, 17, will be seated alongside former Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Richard Besser, 60, and former US Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, 71 - two public health experts with decades of experience.

#####

Coronavirus is Climate change?

Widespread ridicule?
                  No great surprise.
                  Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-15-2020, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Thunberg, 17, will be seated alongside former Centers for Disease Control and Prevention director Richard Besser, 60, and former US Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, 71 - two public health experts with decades of experience.[/I]

#####

Coronavirus is Climate change?

Widespread ridicule?
                    No great surprise.
                    Could be worse....she could be seated in-between Donald Trump & Mike Pence

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Could be worse....she could be seated in-between Donald Trump & Mike Pence

The whole thing was ridiculous. What was she even doing there. Not her fault, she means well, probably thought she could contribute and help...or some could've convinced her of it.

Donny boy...they like him in Japan.
                      When mrs bb was in Japan in a recent year, her hosts said to her "You like Mr Trump"? "We like Mr Trump, he's only one who stands between us and the madman over there."

Mike Pence, VP, good man...he would've allowed that because there was another person present. He never allows himself to be alone in the presence of any woman who is not his wife. Wise move these days, especially. Liars inhabit the world.
                      VP...you do what the boss tells you to.

Comment

The whole thing was ridiculous. What was she even doing there. Not her fault, she means well, probably thought she could contribute and help...or some could've convinced her of it.

Donny boy...they like him in Japan.
                        When mrs bb was in Japan in a recent year, her hosts said to her "You like Mr Trump"? "We like Mr Trump, he's only one who stands between us and the madman over there."

Mike Pence, VP, good man...he would've allowed that because there was another person present. He never allows himself to be alone in the presence of any woman who is not his wife. Wise move these days, especially. Liars inhabit the world.
                        VP...you do what the boss tells you to.
                        Wrong about Donny Boys popularity in Japan.....

​​​​​​https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/20.../#.Xr7_JRMzYnU

Trump is popular in Israel so its not all bad

Pence hey, Trumps VP- "Vice Poodle". Head & Chairman of the White House Corona Virus Task Force. Another 1850 deaths overnight raising the total to just under 88,000. He hasn't delivered on any of his testing promises. Besides backing Trumps & Kushners repeated claims of success in the handling of the pandemic, what exactly has he done?

Comment

Wrong about Donny Boys popularity in Japan.....

​​​​​​https://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/20.../#.Xr7_JRMzYnU

Trump is popular in Israel so its not all bad

Pence hey, Trumps VP- "Vice Poodle". Head & Chairman of the White House Corona Virus Task Force. Another 1850 deaths overnight raising the total to just under 88,000. He hasn't delivered on any of his testing promises. Besides backing Trumps & Kushners repeated claims of success in the handling of the pandemic, what exactly has he done?
                          What could he have done, except obey the boss.
                          Many people in America refuse to be tested, refuse to be locked down, and refuse to change their lives at all.

Trump should be popular in Japan. Who do the Japanese think is going to save them besides Trump/America.
                          Joe reportedly can't remember he was VP....let alone take on China.

Yes, 88,000...too many people and not enough room.
                          ... jammed onto subway trains etc.

Next time, and there will be a next time, same thing will happen in "Big Australia".
                          Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-16-2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

What could he have done, except obey the boss.
                            Many people in America refuse to be tested, refuse to be locked down, and refuse to change their lives at all.

Trump should be popular in Japan. Who do the Japanese think is going to save them besides Trump/America.
                            Joe reportedly can't remember he was VP....let alone take on China.

Yes, 88,000...too many people and not enough room.
                            ... jammed onto subway trains etc.

Next time, and there will be a next time, same thing will happen in "Big Australia".
                            Cant say i've heard that people have refused to be tested- the issue is they haven't got enough tests- and that was because the Trump administration ignored all the warnings about what was heading there way.

Why do the Japanese need saving from China? Before the Covid outbreak President Xi was to travel to Japan in April to meet with the PM and trade officials. Both countries agreed to postpone the meeting until later in the year.

Im no fan of Joe Biden. Like Trump i think he is scattered

Comment

Cant say i've heard that people have refused to be tested- the issue is they haven't got enough tests- and that was because the Trump administration ignored all the warnings about what was heading there way.

Why do the Japanese need saving from China? Before the Covid outbreak President Xi was to travel to Japan in April to meet with the PM and trade officials. Both countries agreed to postpone the meeting until later in the year.

Im no fan of Joe Biden. Like Trump i think he is scattered

China is a bully, according to many.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/opinion.../#.XsApu0l7l9A

Treat China like the bully it is

NEW DELHI – In clear reprisal for Canada’s U.S.-sought arrest of the Huawei founder’s daughter, China has detained two Canadians on charges of undermining its national security but has shied away from taking any action against the United States. This is in keeping with Beijing’s record of acting only against the weaker side, even if it happens to be a U.S. ally.

For example, when the U.S. installed its Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) anti-missile system in South Korea, China used its economic leverage to retaliate against South Korea but not against the U.S. The heavy-handed economic sanctioning of South Korea in 2017, partially extending into this year, illustrated Beijing’s use of trade as a political weapon.

More importantly, Trump has shown how active U.S. pressure on China, as opposed to imploration or admonition, can yield concessions. Without the U.S. withdrawing its 10 percent tariffs on $250 billion worth of Chinese goods, Beijing has begun lifting, following the Buenos Aires talks, its restrictions on imports of American food, energy and cars.

These restrictions had been placed in retaliation for the U.S. imposition of 10 percent tariffs. The U.S. threat to increase tariffs from 10 percent to 25 percent and possibly extend them to all imports from China forced Beijing’s hand.

This underscores that China respects strength and resolve. It is also a pointer on how other powers should seek to deal with China on a regular basis so as to improve the bully’s behavior.

When a nation pursues an accommodating approach toward Beijing, an emboldened China only ups the ante. Deference to China usually invites bullying, while standing up to it draws respect and a readiness to negotiate and shore up cooperation.

Canada would do well to remember this fact as it grapples with the escalation of the diplomatic feud by a country that seeks to play the aggrieved victim while acting as the bully.

Now, while intensifying a punitive campaign against Canada, Beijing has adopted a tempered approach toward Washington, although Canadian authorities arrested Meng Wanzhou at the behest of U.S. prosecutors for alleged bank fraud related to Iran-sanctions violations. In fact, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi has bent over backward to emphasize that, while confrontation hurts the U.S.-China relationship, cooperation benefits both countries.

China, a trade cheat that has also employed nontariff tools to punish countries as diverse as Japan, Mongolia and the Philippines, is now getting a taste of its own medicine.
                              Last edited by bondi.boy; 05-17-2020, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X