Coronavirus / Covid-19 Global Pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

Anyone else want a go at addressing any of the above Rented Tracksuit has responded but all he has done is try to ridicule what was written. As opposed to answering any of it by giving any answers with any reasoning or substance. Come on RT or anyone else for that matter what do we do as a society if a vaccine is rolled out that has 60 percent success rate Carry on living like we are now which goes against basic human behaviours or do we ditch social distancing and the like even though the virus will still be prevalent and bumping the elderly off and if no vaccine is ever found do we live like this forever.
    Can you elaborate on basic human behaviors? As far as I know, the only behaviors we have had to change are leaned ones and we as a society simply have to lean other ways of going about things. Some of the practices being highlighted, quite frankly should have been done better in the past anyway. Who needs to be reminded to wash their hands? lol
    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

I will keep living the way I do now. Nothing has changed for me. Im not that desperate to get out and about. I dont need to be seen in a coffee shop every morning to feel good about myself. I have everything I need at home!

Simple answer is, life the way you and I know it has changed. Get used to it for now at least.
      Still avoiding the questions I see as you have nothing The questions are too hard for you So you answer with get used to it for now

Whilst you are cowering at home from this bad flu I’m off to play touch football tonight Where for 35 mins I will be touching other people whom are sweating handling a ball that twenty sweaty people are also touching After that I’m off out to the pub and dinner Nothing has really changed for me I’ve taken control of my life back again Whilst you and many others let others control it for you

Now you and the other selfish but righteous roosters can attempt to answer those questions put to you by myself Don’t worry you are not alone in being unable to answer them just yet
      We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
      Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Still avoiding the questions I see as you have nothing The questions are too hard for you So you answer with get used to it for now

Whilst you are cowering at home from this bad flu I’m off to play touch football tonight Where for 35 mins I will be touching other people whom are sweating handling a ball that twenty sweaty people are also touching After that I’m off out to the pub and dinner Nothing has really changed for me I’ve taken control of my life back again Whilst you and many others let others control it for you

Now you and the other selfish but righteous roosters can attempt to answer those questions put to you by myself Don’t worry you are not alone in being unable to answer them just yet
        Not one of your recent posts has a sentence that ends in a question mark. What exactly are the questions you are asking??

Comment

I cant be bothered trying to explain something so simple to someone who simply doesn't want to understand it. Pretty simple really.

I don't cower anywhere. I still get out and about when and as I need to. I'm sure while you are being all defiant in the face of all professional and personal advice you will enjoy your dinner at the pub. I just hope you don't get sick or make someone else sick while doing so. I'm sure the later doesn't matter to you though as long as you can still go pubs and touch up sweaty people beforehand.

I wish you all the best and may Donald Trump win the next election as well!
          FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Not one of your recent posts has a sentence that ends in a question mark. What exactly are the questions you are asking??
            He doesn't need to ask questions. He knows it all already apparently! Just ask him.
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Anyone else want a go at addressing any of the above Rented Tracksuit has responded but all he has done is try to ridicule what was written. As opposed to answering any of it by giving any answers with any reasoning or substance. Come on RT or anyone else for that matter what do we do as a society if a vaccine is rolled out that has 60 percent success rate Carry on living like we are now which goes against basic human behaviours or do we ditch social distancing and the like even though the virus will still be prevalent and bumping the elderly off and if no vaccine is ever found do we live like this forever.
              haha, i'll give it a burl. do i need boxing gloves?

firstly, you're right when you say there is no guarantee of a vaccine or better treatments. that this could be with us for a year, two years or longer is a possibility. you're also right to point out that govt lockdowns have an economic and social cost.

i don't know what the situation will be like in a year's time if there's no end in sight so i'll kick that one down the road and worry about it in a years time. but sure, the longer it goes on with no end in sight the more attractive it would be to just let it rip while taking as many precautions as we can to protect the vulnerable.

but for the foreseeable future i think social distancing, wearing masks when you can't socially distance and regularly washing hands makes sense. there's a new virus around and you've got to play the cards you're dealt.

lockdowns? they're not an issue in aus atm. the only place in aus where they're happening is in victoria and they're relaxing.

yeah, it's tough on kids who can't get out and about but they can still do a lot of stuff but no harm in them being sensible. no one's saying they have to be monks but there's no harm in being more careful than normal.

atm in aus we have dodged a big bullet as far as deaths and community presence of the virus goes - we should try to preserve that.

mental health is important but it's doubtful if the problems associated with restrictions on our normal way of living are worse than the problems created by a virus running rampant (panic, grief over the death of loved ones etc). also, we have the best doctors and nurses in the world and they deserve to be protected from the trauma of working in an overloaded health system.

the economy is also important and there's every chance that keeping deaths down will be good for the economy.

but i guess in a decade's time when it's all over we'll have a better idea of how we should have acted.

Comment

You know me well enough personally to know that I don't go out that much anyway since my surgery and I'm in pain right now as I type this. I'm in a better job now working from home and not having to do the long commute so for me this is ok as I struggle being around people and crowds normally anyway. I do go walking every day for 45 mins when the weather is good and I still go to bed at 9pm but can get up at 6 now instead of 4.30am. I'm not much of a night owl and my friends always come and visit me as I don't drive but live near good parks so we do go out and get fresh air and exercise. So for me, apart from losing so many loved ones this year, I've adapted and done what I could. I am so sorry you are so agitated over this and I am sincere in what I say to you. I've known you for a very long time since your daughter was an infant and now I'm crying as I type this as I remember when you used to bring her into my shop and she used to dance to my music on my counter. My great niece was born a year later so I can only imagine how hard its been on your daughter as my great niece is in outer Melbourne has been locked up since March. She is my sister's granddaughter and been struggling these past few months. Don't think that some on here don't understand what you are feeling because we do and I know that you are not a selfish person. I really hope that you and the rest of your family enjoy the rest of the year, particularly your daughter, and I wish only the best for you too
                "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

I cant be bothered trying to explain something so simple to someone who simply doesn't want to understand it. Pretty simple really.

I don't cower anywhere. I still get out and about when and as I need to. I'm sure while you are being all defiant in the face of all professional and personal advice you will enjoy your dinner at the pub. I just hope you don't get sick or make someone else sick while doing so. I'm sure the later doesn't matter to you though as long as you can still go pubs and touch up sweaty people beforehand.

I wish you all the best and may Donald Trump win the next election as well!
                  I cant be bothered should probably be replaced it with I dont really have the answers to those questions.

The professional advice is it is now safe to play community sports such as touch football and it is now safe to have dinner and drink at a pub. But I am supposed to maintain distance from the same people I have been touching and sharing a footy with (work that out) I also train three days a week at the gym and disinfect equipment I use before and after. The professional advice there is it is now safe for the 24 hour ones to be open unsupervised provided there is less than 20 people in them.

Thank you for your concern about my health Ive never been healthier I gave up drinking for over 4 months after I was sick and although I now have a drink from time to time my drinking habits have changed. I too hope you dont get sick in your travels. Rest assured should I feel any symptons I will get tested and self isolate. Like I self isolated in early to mid March ( just before the shit hit the fan here March 10 was the date) when I was sick with a flu like virus. I also went to Dr but they would not test me as I did not meet the current criteria to be tested. But I and my Daughter self isolated for two weeks just in case and to do the right thing. So do not judge people and think they have lower standards than yourself, We did what we did without being told what to do or without even being told have to do it

I am not particularly politically motivated, but that comment reading between the lines gives me some semblance of an idea of what your answers may be, without really knowing

I too wish you all the best

To the others whom have responded I thank you for your contribution I will respond personally tomorrow in a respectful manner I need to stretch up properly before playing tonight First competitive game back in a long time as I gave it away and have been refereeing for the last 8 or so years

EASTS TO WIN
                  Last edited by Andrew Walker; 10-29-2020, 03:55 PM.

Comment

I cant be bothered should probably be replaced it with I dont really have the answers to those questions.

The professional advice is it is now safe to play community sports such as touch football and it is now safe to have dinner and drink at a pub. But I am supposed to maintain distance from the same people I have been touching and sharing a footy with (work that out) I also train three days a week at the gym and disinfect equipment I use before and after. The professional advice there is it is now safe for the 24 hour ones to be open unsupervised provided there is less than 20 people in them.

Thank you for your concern about my health Ive never been healthier I gave up drinking for over 4 months after I was sick and although I now have a drink from time to time my drinking habits have changed. I too hope you dont get sick in your travels. Rest assured should I feel any symptons I will get tested and self isolate. Like I self isolated in early to mid March ( just before the shit hit the fan here March 10 was the date) when I was sick with a flu like virus. I also went to Dr but they would not test me as I did not meet the current criteria to be tested. But I and my Daughter self isolated for two weeks just in case and to do the right thing. So do not judge people and think they have lower standards than yourself,

I am not particularly politically motivated, but that comment reading between the lines gives me some semblance of an idea of what your answers may be, without really knowing

To the others whom have responded I thank you for your contribution I will respond personally tomorrow in a respectful manner I need to stretch up properly before playing tonight First competitive game back in a long time as I gave it away and have been refereeing for the last 8 or so years

EASTS TO WIN
                    Each to their own mate. Good luck with the touch. Just don't play with Mickey. He loves playing ball sports with sweaty people!
                    Last edited by rented tracksuit; 10-29-2020, 03:58 PM.
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Germany and France thrown back into Nationwide lockdown. Nothing to worry about tho. Just sayin!
                      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Thank you for your concern about my health Ive never been healthier I gave up drinking for over 4 months after I was sick and although I now have a drink from time to time my drinking habits have changed. I too hope you dont get sick in your travels. Rest assured should I feel any symptons I will get tested and self isolate. Like I self isolated in early to mid March ( just before the shit hit the fan here March 10 was the date) when I was sick with a flu like virus. I also went to Dr but they would not test me as I did not meet the current criteria to be tested. But I and my Daughter self isolated for two weeks just in case and to do the right thing. So do not judge people and think they have lower standards than yourself, We did what we did without being told what to do or without even being told have to do it

EASTS TO WIN
                        I don't need a personalised response Andy. I just want you to be okay and for your daughter to be okay too. If you ever want to bring her over this way for a visit in one of the parks, it would be great to see you both as it's been a long time. Enjoy your game this evening and I hope you win and I hope the storms are not in your area. I was on a call with a work colleague and she had a loud clap of thunder in the background. Its sunny here so I'm going to tackle heartbreak hill in a Roosters T-shirt and cap. Bye for now everyone and take care.
                        "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                        Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

All you righteous citizens on here tell me. How long are you prepared to live like this.
                          Let me see if i can work through this....

How long are you prepared to live in a manner that is completely against natural human behaviour. We are already being told that a vaccine may only have a 60 percent success rate. If that is the case are you all prepared to do this for the rest of you’re lives.

Is there something that has been asked of us as a community that has been totally out of order? Initially it was stay at home unless completely necessary and work from home if possible. Wash hands and keep socially distant. When the infection rates fell we have slowly opened up and with a plan to slow down future outbreaks. Our supermarkets were always open, help lines were available and the message was work together as a community.
                          No its not for the rest of our lives- the last pandemic of 1918 lasted till mid 1920. It was at a time medicine/therapeutics were not as advanced as they are today. They had no vaccine and didn't come close to having one. The world death figure was over 50 million. Presently the figure is just over 1 million. To say its something that will/may be with us "for the rest of your lives" has no truth in it whatsoever.

I realise many on here are in the back half of theirs so may say yes. But what about our kids do you expect them to live in a world where hand shaking, hugging, kissing, singing, dancing, is no longer socially acceptable. With social distancing how are teens and young adults meant to meet, make relationships, have their first dance, have their first kiss have their first fcuk and breed. To do any of what I’ve mentioned here means breaking the social distancing guide lines that you currently call people being selfish for doing.

You're bordering on saying that we should sacrifice lives so kids and teens can sing, dance, etc. Im not sure where you live (maybe Victoria?) but my kids are at school and are leading a normal life- except maybe they are anal about washing their hands! When we need to pick them up from school the parents have been asked to be socially distant from each other....no problem. Theres no way that their lives have been impacted like they are living in a bubble. This is all possible because we got behind our government and slowed the virus down. Theres no magic bullet to make it go away- but our government said if we abide by their guidelines it will slow the spread down. We did-and they were right

​​​​​​Perhaps you are advocates of an Orwellian dystopian style future which is slowly being brought upon us track and trace everywhere we go Monitor our movements monitor our health on a daily basis I could go on but I think most will get the picture.

Where are you going with this? Its a medical pandemic- not a staged event so the government can spy on your every movement and take away your freedom. "Orwellian dystopia" is straight from the Alan Jones book of " watch out they are coming to get you and everything you own". Its nothing more than a glorified conspiracy.

Personally as a parent I and many many others including the elderly do not want that type of a world for our kids or grand kids and many of us think it is people like Rented Tracksuit and a few of the other self righteous posters on here whom are using this to show people look at what a good citizen I am and look at the sacrifices I’ve made and look how selfish you are cause you don’t do what I do, think you are the selfish ones in all of this.​​​​​​

Again, this isn't the way the world will be forever. As a parent i want my children to be respectful of others and if that means having to give something up then so be it. Also as a parent i don't want my children getting Covid if at all possible.
                          Personally, as i stated, what i've been asked to sacrifice is nothing compared to what others have sacrificed in Australia's past. What other people do is up to them. However if i'm standing in a line at the supermarket/bank and someone ignores the social distancing markers on the ground and comes close to me i have every right to say move back- and have done so and copped an earful like i'm asking for them to give up their first born child.

​​​​​​The ideology war is upon us. I hope this post provokes discussion but more so opens peoples eyes up a little. Fire away righteous roosters.

The war should be the human race vs Covid....not a disagreement of opposing ideals amongst ourselves.

Now i got a question for you- what would you have done differently if you were Morrison? It was his call to shut everything down. Remember this virus he knew nothing about, other countries were shutting down and his own top health officers were advising him of the devastation that may occur without a shutdown. You don't know who it would most effected by Covid health wise, how deadly it was and what the long term health implications could (we still don't know that last one). He had to make a call- thats his job

The good news is that if you don't agree with your federal or state government decisions then you can take it to the ballot box. Qld have their say this Saturday.

Comment

I will address this quickly I notice you have answered a question with a question I was raised and educated that someone who does that has a limited intellect. It has been said by quite a few politicians that this is something we may have to live with forever When I have the time I will find links
                            to this If you wish

Maybe you should get out and about and speak to young adults and kids and see how much they have been affected and how they actually feel What you say is opinion which you try to pass as fact again something that shows limited intellect. So in a worst case scenario no vaccine or one of a 60 percent success rate How long should people be forced to live in such a manner.

Time will tell where this takes us as a society. Due to my age I expect will live through this and see it Im not to sure about you as Im thinkin you may be a bit older than myself Who knows maybe I am wrong on that. If you havent look up Agenda 21 agenda 2030 Look up the great reset and look up Klaus Schwab and look up tbe 4th industrial revolution. Im not going down that track on here as I said time will tell and I intend to live through this to see Ive only thrown this out as you have asked I have no desire to debate any of your interpretations of this nor discuss any of mine with you or anyone else on here

You keep saying this wont be forever. When others in high places say it might be. We dont have a vaccine as yet Ive been down that track already What you are saying is opinion which you are trying to pass as fact You used the Spanish flu as an example but eventually that was allowed to rip through the world unchecked which sped the whole process up Conitinued lockdowns will prolong this and if no vaccine is there or one that has a 60 percent success rate then imo it will be here forever Hopefully though it morphs into something not as virulent.

So what you are saying is we should all think the same way This is not possible the way humans are wired. However if you wish to live in a society tbat people are forced to think the same and keepp their mouth shut for fear of persecution if they do not I suggest China is the place for you. Dr Carrie Majela raises some interesting concerns re theModerna astra zeneca vaccines Look her and it up She is not pointing the finger as such just expressing concerns with an open mind Again I have no desire to debate any of your interpretations of that if you do some research

What would I have done differently if I was Morrison Great question and the only thing I ffind to be of any real substance in your response. I expect this will suprise you. In that I would not have allowed the country to open up as early as it did. I would have opened up July 1 start of the new financial year. I am not sure what power he has over the states with that. We opened up too early and Victorians paid a huge price for that aided by the quarantine fcuk up there and I think we would be in an even better place now than the good place we are in. Other countries in Europe waited too long to act and as such are chasing their tales thye spoke of herd immunity went down that path then changed tack after a month or so. By that stage IMO the horse had well and truly bolted. My opinion is certain countries in Europe will never bring this u der control Weve seen how long it took Victoria to get to where it has and if that is any guide. Europe will have to lock down for about a year at least if they are to get that sort of result Completely unethical imo and imo people in Europe will not tolerate that There will be mass civil unrest if they try People can only take so much.

Thank you for answering Even though I think I know what road you are now trying to bring this down Sorry I aint playing But what you have inadvertently done is give me a platform to raise for others to look into ehom msy not have heard of anything I mentioned They can make their own minds up Finally another for them to look up is Tbe World economic forum on how we will live by 2030 Fascinating and eye opening stuff Thanks for giving me a platform to raise these things as it was something I had no intention of doing on here but your response then warranted this Have a nice day Im off to the beach now WOOOHOOO Fcuken business phone call has fecked my day at the beach Oh well such is life
                            Last edited by Andrew Walker; 10-30-2020, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I will address this quickly It has been said by quite a few politicians that this is something we may have to live with forever When I have the time I will find links
                              to this If you wish
                              Maybe you should get out and about and speak to young adults and kids and see how much they have been affected and how they actually feel What you say is opinion which you try to pass as fact
                              Time will tell where this takes us as a society Due to my age I expect will live through this and see it Im not to sure about you as Im thinkin you may be a bit older than myself If you havent look up Agenda 21 agenda 2030 Look up the great reset and look up Klaus Schwab and look up tbe 4th industrial revolution. Im not going down that track on here as I said time will tell and I intend to live through this to see Ive only thrown this out as you have asked I have no desire to debate any of your interpretations of this nor discuss any of mine with you or anyone else on here

You keep sayi g this wont be forever When others in high places say it might be We dont have a vaccine as yet Ive been down that track already What you are saying is opinion which you are trying to pass as fact You used the Spanish flu as an example but eventually that was allowed to rip through the world unchecked which sped the whole process up

So what you are saying is we should all think the same way This is not possible the way humans are wired However if you wish to live in a society tbat people are forced to think the same or kerp their mouth shut for fear of persecution I suggest China for you. But Dr Carrie Majela raises some interesting concerns re theModerna astra zeneca vaccines Look her and it up She is not pointing the finger as such just expressing concerns with an open mind Again I have no desabire to debate any of your interpretations of that

What would I have done differently if I was Morrison I expect will suprise you In that I would not have allowed the country to open up as early as it did I would have opened up July 1 start of the new financial year Im not sure what power he has over the states with that We opened up too early and Victorians paid a huge price for that aided by the quarantine fcuk up there and I think we would be in a better place now than the good place we are in Other countries in Europe waited too long to act and as such are chasing their tales My opinion is certain countries in Europe will never bring this u der control Weve seen how long it took Victoria to get to where it has and if tbat is any guide Europe will have to lock down for about a year at least if they are to get thst sort of result Comp,etely unethical imo and people in Europe will not tolerate that There will be mass civil unrest if they do

Thank you for answering Even though I think I know what road you are now trying to bring this down Sorry I aint playing But what you have inadvertently done is give me a platform to raise for others to look into ehom msy not have heard of anything I mentioned They can make their own minds up Finally another for them to look up is Tbe World economic forum on how we will live by 2030 Fascinating and eye opening stuff Thanks for giving me a p,atform to raise these things as it was something I had no intention of doing on here but your response then warranted this Have a nice day Im off to the beach now WOOOHOOO
                              Have a great time and stay 1.5 mtrs apart. If not for yourself, do it for everyone else!
                              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

Let me see if i can work through this....

How long are you prepared to live in a manner that is completely against natural human behaviour. We are already being told that a vaccine may only have a 60 percent success rate. If that is the case are you all prepared to do this for the rest of you’re lives.

Is there something that has been asked of us as a community that has been totally out of order? Initially it was stay at home unless completely necessary and work from home if possible. Wash hands and keep socially distant. When the infection rates fell we have slowly opened up and with a plan to slow down future outbreaks. Our supermarkets were always open, help lines were available and the message was work together as a community.
                                No its not for the rest of our lives- the last pandemic of 1918 lasted till mid 1920. It was at a time medicine/therapeutics were not as advanced as they are today. They had no vaccine and didn't come close to having one. The world death figure was over 50 million. Presently the figure is just over 1 million. To say its something that will/may be with us "for the rest of your lives" has no truth in it whatsoever.

I realise many on here are in the back half of theirs so may say yes. But what about our kids do you expect them to live in a world where hand shaking, hugging, kissing, singing, dancing, is no longer socially acceptable. With social distancing how are teens and young adults meant to meet, make relationships, have their first dance, have their first kiss have their first fcuk and breed. To do any of what I’ve mentioned here means breaking the social distancing guide lines that you currently call people being selfish for doing.

You're bordering on saying that we should sacrifice lives so kids and teens can sing, dance, etc. Im not sure where you live (maybe Victoria?) but my kids are at school and are leading a normal life- except maybe they are anal about washing their hands! When we need to pick them up from school the parents have been asked to be socially distant from each other....no problem. Theres no way that their lives have been impacted like they are living in a bubble. This is all possible because we got behind our government and slowed the virus down. Theres no magic bullet to make it go away- but our government said if we abide by their guidelines it will slow the spread down. We did-and they were right

​​​​​​Perhaps you are advocates of an Orwellian dystopian style future which is slowly being brought upon us track and trace everywhere we go Monitor our movements monitor our health on a daily basis I could go on but I think most will get the picture.

Where are you going with this? Its a medical pandemic- not a staged event so the government can spy on your every movement and take away your freedom. "Orwellian dystopia" is straight from the Alan Jones book of " watch out they are coming to get you and everything you own". Its nothing more than a glorified conspiracy.

Personally as a parent I and many many others including the elderly do not want that type of a world for our kids or grand kids and many of us think it is people like Rented Tracksuit and a few of the other self righteous posters on here whom are using this to show people look at what a good citizen I am and look at the sacrifices I’ve made and look how selfish you are cause you don’t do what I do, think you are the selfish ones in all of this.​​​​​​

Again, this isn't the way the world will be forever. As a parent i want my children to be respectful of others and if that means having to give something up then so be it. Also as a parent i don't want my children getting Covid if at all possible.
                                Personally, as i stated, what i've been asked to sacrifice is nothing compared to what others have sacrificed in Australia's past. What other people do is up to them. However if i'm standing in a line at the supermarket/bank and someone ignores the social distancing markers on the ground and comes close to me i have every right to say move back- and have done so and copped an earful like i'm asking for them to give up their first born child.

​​​​​​The ideology war is upon us. I hope this post provokes discussion but more so opens peoples eyes up a little. Fire away righteous roosters.

The war should be the human race vs Covid....not a disagreement of opposing ideals amongst ourselves.

Now i got a question for you- what would you have done differently if you were Morrison? It was his call to shut everything down. Remember this virus he knew nothing about, other countries were shutting down and his own top health officers were advising him of the devastation that may occur without a shutdown. You don't know who it would most effected by Covid health wise, how deadly it was and what the long term health implications could (we still don't know that last one). He had to make a call- thats his job

The good news is that if you don't agree with your federal or state government decisions then you can take it to the ballot box. Qld have their say this Saturday.
                                Very well said!
                                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                                X