Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the Songs from your Era thread?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by eddie View Post
    i turned this song up nice and loud at work today before I opened the shop, absolute classic.

    Comment


    • #17
      Back in the early 70s there was an Amoco commercial which was available on a red vinyl single.

      The first one was sung by Sharon Redd and Groove Myers and lol I actually have it on my ipod

       
      Last edited by horrie hastings; 05-25-2018, 04:55 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        The second song on the single was this one, bought to you by Alllan Johnston more famous for Come on Aussie Come On and the Meadow Lea campaign, "You Ought To Be Congratulated" and the Toohey's 'How Do You Feel" commercials.
        And no I don't have this one on my ipod.


         

        Comment


        • #19
          Kim Wilde's daddy Marty Wilde.

           

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post
            Iím sure I will figure it out but at the moment itís doing my head in.
            I can relate to that.
            I assumed for no good reason that you were an expert in these things , but as captain Queeg said "you can't assume a goddamn thing in the navy",,,,,,,,,,,, lol.
            Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I dont remember that particular Amoco commercial..................I recall one that went "going, going Amoco-ing"
            Or something like that.
            I really think an Ipod sounds (pardon the pun) like a good idea but didn't know you had to pay for the songs?
            Anyway, I'll figure it out one day.
            Cool stuff HH.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by eddie View Post

              I can relate to that.
              I assumed for no good reason that you were an expert in these things , but as captain Queeg said "you can't assume a goddamn thing in the navy",,,,,,,,,,,, lol.
              Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I dont remember that particular Amoco commercial..................I recall one that went "going, going Amoco-ing"
              Or something like that.
              I really think an Ipod sounds (pardon the pun) like a good idea but didn't know you had to pay for the songs?
              Anyway, I'll figure it out one day.
              Cool stuff HH.
              Hi Eddie, its funny, I just worked out how to transfer songs to the ipod without looking at the manual and it worked fine the way I did it up until I had my computer worked on and then the way I did it didn't work anymore,i'm sure it is something only minor that I am doing wrong but cannot find out how to solve it from the manual or other internet forums. You don't have to buy the music, I had songs that I down loaded from Napster and LimeWire many years ago which I transferred over and also transferred lots of my cds over too, I only bought a few songs from ITunes that I didn't already have in my collection.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post
                Hi Eddie, its funny, I just worked out how to transfer songs to the ipod without looking at the manual and it worked fine the way I did it up until I had my computer worked on and then the way I did it didn't work anymore,i'm sure it is something only minor that I am doing wrong but cannot find out how to solve it from the manual or other internet forums. You don't have to buy the music, I had songs that I down loaded from Napster and LimeWire many years ago which I transferred over and also transferred lots of my cds over too, I only bought a few songs from ITunes that I didn't already have in my collection.
                My son tells me that an MP3 player would suit my needs and be cheaper.
                I wouldn't have a clue about any of this.
                I usually just listen to music on u-tube, but I wanna start taking music with me as I'm allowed to get out more and do stuff.
                Guess I'll have to wait till one of the younger generation can spare me some time.

                Comment


                • #23
                  You need to download itunes onto your PC if youíre using a computer. From your iTunes library you can either purchase music from iTunes itself or you can burn your CDs directly into your iTunes library. Then sync your iPod to the iTunes library and away you go.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                    You need to download itunes onto your PC if youíre using a computer. From your iTunes library you can either purchase music from iTunes itself or you can burn your CDs directly into your iTunes library. Then sync your iPod to the iTunes library and away you go.
                    Hi MR.
                    Is it the same procedure if I buy an mp3 ?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by eddie View Post

                      Hi MR.
                      Is it the same procedure if I buy an mp3 ?
                      Hey Eddie
                      Only Apple products work with iTunes so it has to be an iPod, iPhone or iPad etc. It canít be an android mp3 player if using iTunes. Otherwise you will have to purchase from a different company than crApple.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                        Hey Eddie
                        Only Apple products work with iTunes so it has to be an iPod, iPhone or iPad etc. It canít be an android mp3 player if using iTunes. Otherwise you will have to purchase from a different company than crApple.
                        LOL at crapple......
                        But I'm still confused. If it's free to listen to music on u-tube, why cant we put songs from that on an empty 3 ?

                        But it doesn't matter. I'll probably ask my younger son, if I see him.

                        Music soothes the savage beast.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by eddie View Post

                          LOL at crapple......
                          But I'm still confused. If it's free to listen to music on u-tube, why cant we put songs from that on an empty 3 ?

                          But it doesn't matter. I'll probably ask my younger son, if I see him.

                          Music soothes the savage beast.
                          Youtube is video and an mp3 is audio so I assume you can't copy one to the other.
                          I hope you can work it all out! I couldn't live without my music.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                            I couldn't live without my music.
                            Me too.
                            It's my main escape these days, I'm living in the past...........

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

                              Hi Eddie, its funny, I just worked out how to transfer songs to the ipod without looking at the manual and it worked fine the way I did it up until I had my computer worked on and then the way I did it didn't work anymore,i'm sure it is something only minor that I am doing wrong but cannot find out how to solve it from the manual or other internet forums. You don't have to buy the music, I had songs that I down loaded from Napster and LimeWire many years ago which I transferred over and also transferred lots of my cds over too, I only bought a few songs from ITunes that I didn't already have in my collection.
                              Hi Horrie, hope you have this sorted by now. It would do my head in as well if I didn't have access to my full ITunes library - I've downloaded so many CDs to it over the years. I request $20-$30 ITunes vouchers as birthday/Xmas gifts and purchase songs off ITunes that way - years of entertainment for a few bucks each.

                              I'm wondering if perhaps ITunes is not now your default audio/media programme? Either that or you may need to re-load ITunes or re-register the IPod. I know when my laptop was playing up and wouldn't always turn on I raced out and bought a USB and backed up my ITunes collection so I didn't lose a thing. Unlike most people, I have no music on my phone - it's all on the Ipod. The laptop packed it in a few days later.

                              I have an Ipod in the car and one in my handbag (same music). Shuffling the music provides a never-ending stream of memories and entertainment - you never know what's coming up next

                              Eddie - you could probably pick up a cheap Ipod at Cash Converters or something like that - I find ITunes very easy to use once loaded. Just ensure that your laptop/pc has a disk drive so you can download your CDs - many laptops are phasing them out inexplicably.
                              Roll on Season 2017 ...

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by novice chook View Post

                                Hi Horrie, hope you have this sorted by now. It would do my head in as well if I didn't have access to my full ITunes library - I've downloaded so many CDs to it over the years. I request $20-$30 ITunes vouchers as birthday/Xmas gifts and purchase songs off ITunes that way - years of entertainment for a few bucks each.

                                I'm wondering if perhaps ITunes is not now your default audio/media programme? Either that or you may need to re-load ITunes or re-register the IPod. I know when my laptop was playing up and wouldn't always turn on I raced out and bought a USB and backed up my ITunes collection so I didn't lose a thing. Unlike most people, I have no music on my phone - it's all on the Ipod. The laptop packed it in a few days later.

                                I have an Ipod in the car and one in my handbag (same music). Shuffling the music provides a never-ending stream of memories and entertainment - you never know what's coming up next

                                Eddie - you could probably pick up a cheap Ipod at Cash Converters or something like that - I find ITunes very easy to use once loaded. Just ensure that your laptop/pc has a disk drive so you can download your CDs - many laptops are phasing them out inexplicably.
                                Thanks novice chook, I am looking at re -registering my ipod as the last resort but I think its the way to go, all my music is backed up so nothing lost if It wipes the ipod clean, I have wanted to do a tidy up of it and delete a few songs anyway, yes like you I know all the songs on my Ipod but I'm always intrigued how they shuffle differently, it was freaky at work the other day, Jimmy Cliff's version of Wild World came up just as outside in the centre Cat Steven's version was playing.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X