No announcement yet.

Favourite hard rock, punk, alternative or metal tunes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAMONES ...Hit it DeeDee. One, two, three, four ...

Comment

Originally posted by H.K FOO View Post

LoveTool. A Perfect Circle too. Rollins, Iggy, Nirvana, Bowie, Beatles, You Am I, Mudhoney, Townes Van zandt, Doors, Lemonheads, helmet, Soundgarden, minor Threat, Fugazzi. yeah
      This post deserves a lot of likes...
      Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Yes It was the era- I didn't mind some earlier stuff like the Original New York Dolls/ MC5/Stooges- Iggy and the Stooges- and even Marcy Bolan(TREX) and Slade- That time was a good time for music the old - This is a chord, This is another, This is a third- Now Form a Band DIY Days - short sharp and to the point songs - no 12 minute guitar solo's or paying 5 pounds to go to Earls Court to watch 4 ants on stage sitting at the back (Steve Jones(Sex Pistols Guitarist) recollection of seeing Led Zeppelin in concert in the early 70's )- There is a need for another PUNK type movement today as well. - most venues I went too no longer exist- no live music so no place for any new bands to get a start.

tumblr_m4j2queSvW1qedj2ho1_1280Sniffin glue 1 cover.jpg
        I find punk a bit one dimensional. I have the Ramones self titled and find I really like half the tracks but find the rest too repetitive. Same with the Clash's debut. I don't mind Bullocks by the Sex Pistols and do like London Calling but it's not completely punk. The Jam are probably my favourite punk band if you can call them punk. For hard rock, I love Zeppelin, Deep Purple, early Van Halen and early Kiss. Then there's Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Soundgarden and Arctic Monkeys for alternative. I've probably missed a few though as I have a very broad love of music.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

I find punk a bit one dimensional. I have the Ramones self titled and find I really like half the tracks but find the rest too repetitive. Same with the Clash's debut. I don't mind Bullocks by the Sex Pistols and do like London Calling but it's not completely punk. The Jam are probably my favourite punk band if you can call them punk. For hard rock, I love Zeppelin, Deep Purple, early Van Halen and early Kiss. Then there's Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Soundgarden and Arctic Monkeys for alternative. I've probably missed a few though as I have a very broad love of music.

The Jam were a Mod revival band-but with an edge and attitude as Paul Weller described them at first- The Clash recorded their first album in one weekend/The Ramones the same and their three chord sound became their trademark - Pistols had more time in the studio and a better producer in Chris Thomas and assistant Bill Price -Steve Jones said it was lucky that Sid Vicious was ill(jaundice) during the recording as Sid couldn't really play the bass so Jones did all the guitar/bass bits - Jones was and is a very good guitarist still

Richard Branson- Virgin records co founder wanted the album(Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols) to be a classic and to put Virgin records on a higher profile to attract other artists (only had any real success before with Mike Oldfield's Tubular bells Album) - Virgin records was sold to Thorn EMI in 1992 and later sold to Universal Musical Group in 2012.

I suspect Nirvana's Nevermind album title is a reference to the Pistols album

Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks
          Kurt Cobain- "The Pistols' album has the best production of any rock record I've ever heard. It's totally in-your-face and compressed. All the hype The Sex Pistols had was totally deserved - they deserved everything they got. Johnny Rotten was the one I identified with, he was the sensitive one.
          The only reason I might agree with people calling our band "The Sex Pistols of the 90's" is that, for both bands, the music is a very natural thing, very sincere. We haven't produced a totally original sound like that. We might be uncompromising, but that's about it. We're an obvious metamorphosis."
          Last edited by King Salvo; 09-22-2017, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
            What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

For my good mate, the Brain, RJD....

Pathetic!
              What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Comment

I wonder if this song is an ode to the Pen?.....

Pathetic!
                  What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Geez, those punks needed rugby league!

Similar vintage but not that Seppo stuff.

Jake Friend sans wig up front

..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post
                      I wonder if this song is an ode to the Pen?.....
                      What a band! Love me some Cosmic Psychos

Comment

I'm bumping up this old thread because:
                        1. I've run out of dance/rave anthems for Ism's thread
                        2. A few people said they like the old music threads and have messaged me telling me this, so thank you
                        3. I can't post Nana ALL THE TIME..
                        4. Some of our newer members may not have seen this thread

Enjoy!

The Members - Radio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGhsO63D_R8

"It's these little things, they can pull you under
                        Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

I’ll admit I'm not a massive metal fan. However, I do love Symphonic Metal.

This is just one of many classics. Press the like button and I'll post many more. Regardless, I'll post anyway.

Nightwish - Ghost Love Score (LIVE) - YouTube
                          "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

War Pigs - Black Sabbath

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LQUXuQ6Zd9w

Comment

Highway Star - Deep Purple

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UAKCR7kQMTQ

Comment

Enter Sandman - Metallica

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CD-E-LDc384

Comment

Working...
                                X