Tops feeds in Sydney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post
    Croissants are awesome as well from here.
    Artie, I salivate every time I see your avatar. Damn I miss a good meat pie, actually I miss meat pies all together!

Comment

Originally posted by filthyralph View Post
      Damn I miss a good, nice tasting fish dinner. North Sea fish is disgusting to say the least.
      Yes we do have some of the best seafood in the world here in Australia

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post
        Yes we do have some of the best seafood in the world here in Australia
        Horrie, why you gotta hurt me?

Comment

Originally posted by SConcierge View Post
          Big thumbs up on the Balkan seafood steaks its all good and good value, I have been eating there for 20+yrs.
          Not sure what happened with the Balkan, the original one moved a few doors down to the where the seafood one was a few years ago, now the original one has moved to 249 Crown St[ they said it was a rental disagreement] and the seafood one has now reopened in its spot, wonder if there was a family argument or feud somewhere? Anyone cant wait to go again and have a schnitzel and some of the whole grilled calamari.

Comment

Any one got any recommendation for a good hamburger place in Sydney ?[and no Macca or Hungry Jacks dont count].
            I often go to Pauls at Sylvania or Burgerlicious at Newton which are both good but im sure there are probably better around.

Comment

If you like Indian food go to Harris Park and there is like at least 600m worth of restaurants in one line. Im not joking. They're all lined up side by side. Great food better than Yum Cha. I like Indian over Chinese then Thai over Indian then Italian over everything including Mexican.

But back to Indian go to Billu's wherever. Crinitis is top dog for Italian and very cheap. You wont have a problem finding a good Thai restaurant. I dunno about Chinese restaurants but theres a good one in Eastwood.

I luv buffets. There my fav. Id go there any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue
                Moo Burgers isn't too bad. We went to the Bondi Beach one when we went to Sculptures by the Sea. I'm not a big burger fan because I'm so fussy but it was nice. They have one in Newtown too.
                Yes i have seen Moo burgers up at Newtown, i remember looking at the menu when it first opened and thinking it was very expensive but they seem to have dropped the prices a bit so will try it out one day.After Sculptures this year we walked around to Bronte and had a Barramundi Burger at Cafe Salinas, it was very nice and i remember doing the same thing 2 years earlier and having the same burger.

Comment

Agree with Whites.

Thought it was sold to the guy from Balamin who makes the merangues ?? but will keep up with the pies

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                  I like your style mate.

I didn't dig Hurricanes. Atmosphere was pumpin but im not into sweet BBQ sauce. Then again I'm hard to please when it comes to steak ribs etc, spent many years in butchers, I cook meat better than most, IMO of course.

For pies has anyone tried Whites Bakery 24 Arden St Clovelly??? It was always very good.

For seafood Vaucluse Ocean Foods, 669 Old South Head Rd Vaucluse. Not a restaurant and a little pricey but it's very very good quality.

There is a Thai place up here in The Tweed, SukkoThai. Food is great and I know the owner and can walk there, doesn't get much better.

Horrie get to Sea Bay, the food is great, you won't regret it. Same with you Concierge, Hoh Won is quality.

You've all given me some great new places to try, I usually leave Sydney 5 kegs heavier, next trip I'm gonna bust a buckle.

Comment

Originally posted by kegs1 View Post
                    For those living in the hills district, I have the perfect weekend of meals that will leave your stomach on the borderline of bursting:

Friday Night: head out to Belmonte's pizzeria, located in Baulkham Hills, opposite Stockland Mall. Belmonte's has one of the greatest meat lovers pizzas you will ever eat, as well as some fabulous traditional pizzas including Hawaiian, Supreme, Vegetarian etc.

Saturday Morning: Crestwood bakery, Crestwood, is home to possibly the best meat pie in the world. Think of the best pie you've ever had and multiply that by 100. Seriously, if you don't believe me, try it out, atleast have one. Not to mention the sausage rolls, mud cakes, muffins, tarts and glorious chocolate milk.

Saturday Night: La Collina Italian seafood restaurant, Castle Hill, opposite Castle Mall. Class. Brilliance. It's a family run, relatively small restaurant but the food is world class. The salt and pepper squid entre with the garlic prawn main will be one of my favourite meals for a very long time. Plus the guy who runs it is a top bloke, who guarantees first class service.

Sunday Morning: Hilltop Phoenix Chinese restaurant. Located at castle towers, castle hill. This certain Yum Cha is probably another, you have to experience it to know what im talking about situation. my suggestion, try the prawn dumplings, the pork buns, the spring rolls, the soy chicken, the fried duck, the calamari, the mango pancakes and everything else.

Sunday Night: for me, theres nothing better than a nice hotdog on a lazy sunday evening. cooked by the old man of course, this steaming hot dog is laid on a bun caked in butter, sprinkled with grated cheese, and cover in BBQ sauce.

hope some of you try any of these meals out, you wont regret it, and you dont have to thank me afterwards.
                    You fat arab

Comment

Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post
                      Any one got any recommendation for a good hamburger place in Sydney ?[and no Macca or Hungry Jacks dont count].
                      I often go to Pauls at Sylvania or Burgerlicious at Newton which are both good but im sure there are probably better around.

There is an old school one on Gardeners rd Rosebery that has been there for 30yrs, the burgers are hardcore good, its leaves Pauls for dust.
                      " A man can only walk as far as he can see"

Comment

Originally posted by tony the wheel View Post
                        You fat arab
                        How's the head, this morning, Tone???

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
                          How's the head, this morning, Tone???

LOL
                          LMFAO, I see Teabags is banned.

Did I miss a good meltdown maaaaaaaaate???

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
                            LMFAO, I see Teabags is banned.

Did I miss a good meltdown maaaaaaaaate???

Looks like it mate.
                            He had a go in several threads.

Funny shite.

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by chook 56 View Post
                              Looks like it mate.
                              He had a go in several threads.

Funny shite.

LOL
                              Classic stuff.

Spewin I missed it, nothing amuses more than when someone truly loses it on the forums.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Spent a few blissfull days up at Narrabeen and i had forgotten about his place http://www.saltyrooster.com.au/, remember getting a burger from there last year and it was good, so did the same again this year, all the burgers on the menu barring one are chicken and all the NRL teams jerseys are on display in the shop.

Also jumped on the bus and went to Church Point and discovered the general store which has a great eatery attached to it.Fresh prawns and oysters and really decent pizzas plus plenty of other things on the menu, the food is good, the view and location even better
                                http://www.waterfrontstore.com.au/

Comment

Working...
                                X