Rate The Players! Player Rating's will begin after Round One in 2013.
FORUM SYDNEY ROOSTERS DISCUSSION RUGBY LEAGUE DISCUSSION OFF TOPIC OTHER SPORTS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: rumours of Kane Evans going to Hull KR on season long loan

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,328

    Default rumours of Kane Evans going to Hull KR on season long loan

    not sure if anyone has heard this rumour but a bit of talk going around that the undertaker will be moving to the English super league on a season long loan, not sure if this is true especially given he has only 1yr left on his current contract.

    would be disappointed if the club let him leave without seeing what he offers in first grade, before he was injured playing for Newtown he was clearly the best forward in the NSW cup even ahead of Napa who we have seen adapt well to the first grade squad in his limited opportunities.

    would hope the club waits on this decision until they have confirmation whether SBW will be staying or going.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    sunny gold coast
    Posts
    4,117

    Default

    Might not be bad thing if kane is willing to go. If we have lod and sam for another yr, and we keep kane under the cap by him getting abit of first grade time,could be beneficial to his growth
    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2015

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    not sure if anyone has heard this rumour but a bit of talk going around that the undertaker will be moving to the English super league on a season long loan, not sure if this is true especially given he has only 1yr left on his current contract.
    would be disappointed if the club let him leave without seeing what he offers in first grade, before he was injured playing for Newtown he was clearly the best forward in the NSW cup even ahead of Napa who we have seen adapt well to the first grade squad in his limited opportunities.
    would hope the club waits on this decision until they have confirmation whether SBW will be staying or going.
    Fletch,
    Close but it's not Kane. I think you will find Adam Henry is off to Bradford.
    The club wouldn't let a player with as much potential as Kane fly the nest.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bonny Hills
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theGman View Post
    Fletch,
    Close but it's not Kane. I think you will find Adam Henry is off to Bradford.
    The club wouldn't let a player with as much potential as Kane fly the nest.
    OMG we will really miss him Good luck Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster_6 View Post
    The freakish attack based player is always going to be the popular choice over the proven, well rounded exceptional defensive player despite history continually proving the interdependence of a team and valuing of the defensive fundamentals of the game always reap far more team success.
    Ive found there is always some beauty left in nature, sunshine,in freedom in yourself these can help you. Look at these things, then find yourself again and God and then you regain your balance

    Anne Frank

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by theGman View Post
    The club wouldn't let a player with as much potential as Kane fly the nest.
    No mate, that has never happened. Never ????!!!!!!
    "If you don't have massive dreams, you might as well stay in bed." - Sonny-Bill Williams

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Walker View Post
    OMG we will really miss him Good luck Adam
    LOL, he has been awesome for us! off to nuffie land for Adam Henry
    "If you don't have massive dreams, you might as well stay in bed." - Sonny-Bill Williams

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Bonny Hills
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teriyaki Chicken Boy View Post
    LOL, he has been awesome for us! off to nuffie land for Adam Henry
    I should have added a thanks to Gman for the info in my 1st post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster_6 View Post
    The freakish attack based player is always going to be the popular choice over the proven, well rounded exceptional defensive player despite history continually proving the interdependence of a team and valuing of the defensive fundamentals of the game always reap far more team success.
    Ive found there is always some beauty left in nature, sunshine,in freedom in yourself these can help you. Look at these things, then find yourself again and God and then you regain your balance

    Anne Frank

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,303

    Default

    Will we get another Jordan Pansy on loan in return?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    576

    Default

    The rumour began from ap that hull kr were getting a "big polynesian " forward
    Not sure why certain people are saying he is from the roosters

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    6,657

    Default

    Yeh this all came about from Hull FC announcing that they'd be announcing the signing of a Polynesian forward. I think you'll find in the coming days that this Polynesian forward is Con Mika.

    The more I think about it though the more logical the rumour actually is and the more I convince myself there might actually be something to it. If the Roosters re-signed Kane for another 2-3 years and then offered him the chance to go to England on loan (which, imo would be a great way to spend a year of your life) and play consistent top grade and he was all for it then I think it's an interesting option for the club.

    If you look at forwards who are coming from the English Super League in recent times they've more than handled the NRL (Sam Moa, LOD, Burgess x 4, Fulton). Which tells you that it's more than a suitable level of football AND I think the more unstructured style of play over there improves players skill sets.

    Hull FC as a club also makes logical sense, both Fitzy and Moa played there. If I had to hazard a guess either we contacted them through these blokes about the possibility or they contacted Fitzy & Moa asking about good front row forwards as they've just lost Mark O'meley to retirement.

    What DOESN'T make sense is that Evans would leave to go play in England, if Evans was being released from his contract then there'd be 15 NRL clubs waiting to sign him up. Going to England at this point in his career makes no sense.

    How's that for speculation?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •